Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

maintenance clean techique

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My advice is to ignore videos like this. I'm glad a few others also say the same. A few of these videos may be genuine but the majority will be fakes. How do you tell the difference?

I learnt that lesson as a child in Africa. A British tabloid included photos in their story about the starving black children in the townships rummaging through dustbins looking for food. But what the photographer had done was thrown money into the dustbin. The photo fitted the story but was actually a load of bull.

This industry is full of people who are boasters both with speed and earnings. Take what they say with a pinch of salt. Why would someone feel the need to put a video like this on YouTube in the first place? I don't understand what he wants to achieve. If it was my house and I saw this video, I would probably discontinue his services. Not a good advert.

You have just started on maintenance cleans and IMHO its far too early to be trying to rush. I doubt you spent as long on each clean today as you did on the first clean. The third clean will be quicker still.

You are still learning the wfp process. You are also in a period where you are developing the trust of your customer. This is no time to go and ruin that developing trust. Your first priority is to do a first class job and gain a reputation for doing a first class job. Word of mouth has gained us the majority of our customer base.

Once you have got past your first couple of maintenance cleans, then you can start to reduce the amount of time you spend on each window. If you spend 60 seconds cleaning and rinsing a window, then try cutting it down to 50 seconds. Do this for a bit and go back and check your results. Once you have settled in to this time and having no cleaning issues, then trim it a bit more, again checking the quality. Don't let the customer get there before you with a quality complaint. Eventually you may get that window down to 15 or 20 seconds. To achieve that you may need to increase your flow, but not so that the water splashes and sprays everywhere.

Its a well known fact that each pain of glass needs two passes with the brush and a rinse to ensure perfect results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hats off to the guy but I don't go anywhere near that quick......mainly because I quite like just going at my own pace and taking things easy. If I rush then I make mistakes from as small as a bit of spotting to having an accident in my van......I unfortunately speak from experience. We live & learn folks!

Hats off to the guy but I don't go anywhere near that quick......mainly because I quite like just going at my own pace and taking things easy. If I rush then I make mistakes from as small as a bit of spotting to having an accident in my van......I unfortunately speak from experience. We live & learn folks!

Now I'm repeating myself.....possibly a technical glitch though.......or I'm drunk again...... where am I......who's that lying next to me?.......is that a mane or a tail?

My advice is to ignore videos like this. I'm glad a few others also say the same. A few of these videos may be genuine but the majority will be fakes. How do you tell the difference?
I learnt that lesson as a child in Africa. A British tabloid included photos in their story about the starving black children in the townships rummaging through dustbins looking for food. But what the photographer had done was thrown money into the dustbin. The photo fitted the story but was actually a load of bull.

This industry is full of people who are boasters both with speed and earnings. Take what they say with a pinch of salt. Why would someone feel the need to put a video like this on YouTube in the first place? I don't understand what he wants to achieve. If it was my house and I saw this video, I would probably discontinue his services. Not a good advert.

You have just started on maintenance cleans and IMHO its far too early to be trying to rush. I doubt you spent as long on each clean today as you did on the first clean. The third clean will be quicker still.

You are still learning the wfp process. You are also in a period where you are developing the trust of your customer. This is no time to go and ruin that developing trust. Your first priority is to do a first class job and gain a reputation for doing a first class job. Word of mouth has gained us the majority of our customer base.

Once you have got past your first couple of maintenance cleans, then you can start to reduce the amount of time you spend on each window. If you spend 60 seconds cleaning and rinsing a window, then try cutting it down to 50 seconds. Do this for a bit and go back and check your results. Once you have settled in to this time and having no cleaning issues, then trim it a bit more, again checking the quality. Don't let the customer get there before you. Eventually you may get that window down to 15 or 20 seconds. To achieve that you may need to increase your flow, but no so that the water splashes and sprays everywhere.

Its a well known fact that each pain of glass needs two passes with the brush and a rinse to ensure perfect results.

I just wave me stick about and hope for the best myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

This reminds me of someone well known in Brighton called 'Two Times Paul' who says everything.... EVERYTHING...twice. He's a lovely bloke but is 'not very well' and now says everything three times.......but he's still known to everyone as Two Times Paul.........Anyway, moving on, does anyone have a vid which they could post of a decent wfp clean?....I'm especially interested in rinsing methods as I am wondering if I need to hold the pole closer to the window when rinsing - thanks /emoticons/smile.png

the joy of working for yourself is you dont ( or shouldn't ) need to work that fast, some houses are just fast to clean some aren't but i like to go at my own pace & know im still earning whats a good rate to me without having to flog myself.

WOW! The first vid in my opinion is just not good enough, that clean will not be good enough, there will be on a house bits on the window that you need to put some effort in to scrub off, just not good enough imo, you need to bet the dirt off and any spider poo etc will not come off that quick, you cna nto work that fast and offer a class service. To be honest like Diwrnach said, if you clean a house that only £7 I put in the work I do on a house that £15, even if I have under priced it, its done fully. I want NO complaints, one its not good for business and two its not what I want for myself.

The 2nd video, WTF, its made tuffers go made with all them posts lol, made me laugh them posts. But really, he must shift some pure water each day lmao, It actually made me laugh that, the window was destroyed when he held it to far off and water rate to quick....Funny stuff, I am new ot this and learning and picking up better ways to do things and putting logic into it all and studying it all for myself whats best to clean first and how to rinse right, but that was just too funny! Would love to know how much water he goes through each day it will make me feel better about my water use then:)

Latest Posts

Back