Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making pure water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James102

I was wondering is there's a cheaper setup than the £700 from cleaning warehouse ro di 4040 setup they have I wondering if there a way to have the same equipment but cheaper or is just worth getting it straight from cleaning warehouse

I was wondering is there's a cheaper setup than the £700 from cleaning warehouse ro di 4040 setup they have I wondering if there a way to have the same equipment but cheaper or is just worth getting it straight from cleaning warehouse
Do you need a 40/40, have a word with @doug atkinson tell him what you need and he'll sort you out with the equipment that is best for your needs

Doug’s very helpful I have ordered new membranes and some nuclear grade resin today he supplies quality stuff and gives good advice customer service is always good and delivery usually next day time at the opposite end of the country
Helpful is an understatement simply in part because he knows exactly what he is selling which some don't or will just sell you anything, as long as it's a good bit before 3pm I think it is he'll make sure it's ready to go for the courier collection on that day providing it's off the shelf stuff

Helpful is an understatement simply in part because he knows exactly what he is selling which some don't or will just sell you anything, as long as it's a good bit before 3pm I think it is he'll make sure it's ready to go for the courier collection on that day providing it's off the shelf stuff
He hasn't been on the site since Sept 18th though, hope everything ok with him

Seen the news tonight you can spend a day on Marske beach looking at the washed up shipwreck.
I didn't notice much activity in Marske this afternoon on the coast road. Byedales school broke up early for the midterm break, which was most probably the highlight of the day.

I didn't notice much activity in Marske this afternoon on the coast road. Byedales school broke up early for the midterm break, which was most probably the highlight of the day.
It's believed to a piece of a whaling boat from the 1800's which went down in a storm, no metal at all all Oak as well as wooden pegs its quite a big piece it was washed up during last weeks storm. https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2023-10-25/storm-babet-sees-shipwreck-wash-up-on-beach

Last edited:
@James102
It can be tempting to look at the cheapest product on the market when you are on a budget. We understand that.

For window cleaning we need the most efficient 4040 membrane available. The higher the efficiency or rejection rate of the membrane, the less resin we will use to polish the pure off we have produced. Resin is expensive these days.

Many suppliers sell cheap Chinese made membranes that aren't as efficient as Chinese manufacturers claim they are. They don't need to be for other industries such as aquatics that they sell to.

One of the suppliers told me many years ago that the most efficient membranes are made in the USA and never to buy anything else. I've stuck to that.

I have an Axeon HF5 membrane in my r/o which is 11 years old and still removing 97% of the dissolved solids in our water. I chose this membrane as it's the only membrane on the market which is a low pressure membrane that works at our water pressure of 50psi. I never wanted to use a booster pump. But they are ridiculously expensive.

Becoming a window cleaner using a good quality wfp system is an expensive investment. Buy cheap and you will soon have to replace that equipment. Buy cheap and buy twice is especially true in our industry.

In sales we had a saying which applies to us.
"The reality of poor quality is remembered long after the joy of a low price."

Latest Posts

Back