Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moss on a Wet Dashed Wall

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BrummyJohn

Hi Guys,
I've done and seen a lot of walls in the last 4 years but they've all had either red, green or black algae. I've never seen moss growth clustered like on this property.

Has anyone got any experience with this or could suggest a practical method of removing it all.

I have a full 12v softwash van setup and PW van setup but I'm a little stumped how to tackle this.

Regards
John

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 09.48.30.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 09.48.31.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 09.50.21 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 09.50.21.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 09.51.50.jpeg

I have a massive lawn that gets attacked by moss in the winter. To kill it off I use sulphate in water and spray it on. I often what effect it would have on surfaces like roofs.

Spray it with either a hypo mix or biocide to kill it leave it a couple of weeks then pressure wash should remove it
Was kinda thinking that myself, trouble is the job's a 500 mile round trip, was hoping to get done and dusted in one day, gonna be expensive for them for 2 days.

Thx for the advice anyway guys

looks like a low pressure steam job
(y)

Thx for all the advice guys.

Since talking with the client who now wants the roof and all the flat work done, patio, drives etc. I'm going to add steam to my arsenal as Tench0771 and Pjj recommended.

Been deliberating for a while with the idea so it's time to take the leap.

I'm pretty sure the low pressure steam suggestion will do the trick on this job and will also be a great asset to have going forward.

Thx again

(y)

Thx for all the advice guys.

Since talking with the client who now wants the roof and all the flat work done, patio, drives etc. I'm going to add steam to my arsenal as Tench0771 and Pjj recommended.

Been deliberating for a while with the idea so it's time to take the leap.

I'm pretty sure the low pressure steam suggestion will do the trick on this job and will also be a great asset to have going forward.

Thx again
If you can get the work it’s well with the investment, several years ago we did a place for the national trust I borrowed a doff from a friend and ended it but at 6 k it’s a big investment and we don’t have enough of that type of work to justify it .

I will try it out and take before and after results pictures
If you use copper sulphate crystals and dissolve them when they stop dissolving that is roughly a 20% solution
You need about 4% to be effective
Use it like ddac etc on the roof and see it come off over a few days
Don’t know what it will do to grass though

If you use copper sulphate crystals and dissolve them when they stop dissolving that is roughly a 20% solution
It will turn zinc black, steel pink and it will bubble on magnesium, but like you I haven't got a clue about grass though :D

I use it on my lawn Dave. For best results I mix it with warm water then spray it on. Kills the moss and makes the grass grow . I did originally spread it on the lawn but would sometimes burn the grass but by watering it down my lawn is looking darn good.

Yes I am in that old man league looking for a perfect lawn ?

I use it on my lawn Dave. For best results I mix it with warm water then spray it on. Kills the moss and makes the grass grow . I did originally spread it on the lawn but would sometimes burn the grass but by watering it down my lawn is looking darn good.

Yes I am in that old man league looking for a perfect lawn ?
I’m the same Doug
My lawn and plants have to be perfect

Hot box doesn’t give steam does it ? Thought that was just for hot water pressure washing as it needs a high flow rate to keep the boiler running
My mate has mazoni hot box cleans render with it supper wide fan jet no issues at all not shore on flow rate other mate has vtuff pw boiler big lump tho but 12 lpm 140c I think works a treat on render

Latest Posts

Back