Mr Angry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kahoona, Jun 10, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

Hi guys Im posting this as a cautionary tale for any noobs. Today I was cleaning in a narrow street of terraced houses, I have been cleaning in this road for about a year now with no problems. Parking is limited which usually means cars are under or very close to windows and because of this its impossible to get ladders up to first floor but with care I have been cleaning with a WFP. During the cleaning on one first floor window today I unfortunately sprayed some pure water over a neighbors car. The guy came straight out and started on at me, I immediately apologized turn off the hose and tried to reassure him that it was pure water & would cause no harm as it was cleaner than even rain water. He seemed to accept that and disappeared inside, only to re appear 2 mins later while I was packing up and started throwing a barrage of abuse at me, swearing and saying he was going to throw dirt over the windows I had just cleaned, he was clearly pissed off with my custy as he said so in no uncertain terms so I suspect I was getting the brunt of his frustrations.

I continued to apologise and stayed calm, while he revved on at me, I can assure you a few years ago there would have been blood on the street! eventually I left.

I have just sent a message to my customer explaining what had happened so at least he has the heads ups, I'm awaiting his response but fully expecting to lose that job.

Lesson I have learned, no cleaning windows that have cars under or near them because although most people are fine with a few drops of water it only takes one who isnt. So in future no matter how much a custy says its okay I will be leaving windows that have cars under or near them.

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

not so good kahoona, some right pia people out there ...hope it works out okay..

sometimes as they say....

your just in the wrong place at the wrong time...:D

3. Alien Human

Sorry to hear that mate ......its annoying but as the saying goes : 'As one door closes......then just make sure your fingers aren't trapped inside.......cause you'll need em to clean new customers windaz......cause that's how this stuff generally pans out.'

4. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

Just received reply from my custy, seems they have pulled a short straw living next to this chap.

"Hi Richard,
    We have had problems with this neighbour as has the owners of 28.
    I do not rise to it though, life is too short and the funny thing is, he is a tenant, he does not own the property.
    He is a trouble maker, we have not spoken for 8 months and I am happy with that.
    I understand if you do not want it return, I'll transfer your money tomorrow.

Regards"

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I known what people on here will say about being grown up and responsible and the face of your business but that pr1ck would have been on his **** mate
    People like that act all charly hard as their mouth usually stops people retaliating as they talk the talk but you find usually they can't walk the walk
    That's why they have the attitude
    I won't take that abuse (not that i wont..just find i can't. .something tends to snap)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. TolishAPurd

Just carry on and do the same next time or else he has won. You are doing no damage so his anger is unjustified.

7. cheapncheerful

yeh that car may get a bit more than pure on it if he peed me off...:D

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Late night splash and dash of brake fluid would suffice

9. cheapncheerful

have I told you how much I like you daveyboy..:D

and of course with the brake fluid you must spell out a word....now what would that be?

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Begins with 3rd letter of the alphabet i reckon

Advertisement