my first one off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by All Round Cleaning, May 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Got my first one off clean in the morning its a 7 quid house if it was monthly so went in at 30 quid got the job and he even said he would pay me 40 quid for it .
    So fingers crossed i am hoping to be done in 3 hrs max might try and push for 2 hrs no messing just get the job done .

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

3 hours on a £7 house? What do you do on first cleans?

3. All Round Cleaning

Glass frames and sills . Im still finding my feet so i may be over estimating it a bit this is just a stepping stone to try snd find my feet .

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Suppose if your getting £30 then 3 hours isn't bad.. Would you really scrub the frames? First cleans I would just wipe frames clean, soap glass, scrap If needed and always do sills

5. All Round Cleaning

i wouldn't scrub as in a PVCu clean just a good clean but tbh I think the majority of it is just surface dust
    so fingers crossed i should be quids in lol .

6. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

did you tell him it would normally be £7 a month? seems crazy someone would be prepared to pay 30/40quid for there windows being cleaned on a house that small?

7. All Round Cleaning

Nooooo he just asked for a one off so i thought quadruple the price to a round figure of 30 quid but he then offered to pay 40 lol .

8. laddergarder

GAV.B

allot of window cleaners clean frames and sills etc, but we dont purely for economic reasons as we feel people consider the price first, but regardless, a £7 on a first clean would take me about 15 mins tops. Even if I was to wipe down the frames I would think it wouldn't be any more than 20/25 mins to complete.

How many windows does the guy have?

I have taken taken on a couple of employees and remember when I first started it took me a while. Just cleaning the glass, how long does it take you to clean one average sized window, say two panes?

9. All Round Cleaning

To be honest mate im still finding me feet so it took me 2 hrs to do but they were rammy as hell . But on the bright side he gave me an extra tip well buzzing 50 notes lol . Wud br great if more custies gave tips like that lol .

10. laddergarder

That is excellent well done. Like I say everyone takes a while to get up to speed, it is normally for it to take longer when you are just starting out. Get on to you tube and take a look and some squeegeeing videos to give you an idea of how long it should take, and just practice practice practice. I remember when I was just starting out I watched loads of videos on there that really helped me.

Advertisement