Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need a pump to pump rain water from ibc tank, through 11ltr di and into barrells

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you have not used some sort of first flush or filter system your tanks will be full of **** and your tds could be very high. Have you taken a tds reading to see what your water in the tanks are yet?

I'm in the same boat pal I have harvested six full ibc tanks and with more rain in its way now need to start pumping it out but water pumps really are not my forte!!im also unsure what pump would be best because like you said to quick through the vessel and resin will not last!too slow and it will take forever ive tried researching but no definite answer.im actually looking on pad now trying to find one

If you have not used some sort of first flush or filter system your tanks will be full of **** and your tds could be very high. Have you taken a tds reading to see what your water in the tanks are yet?
in tank mine is 20ppm

Nice... so all you need is a chepo filter housing 10" or 20" with a 5 micron filter in it before the di. Rather than using a sub pump on that setup then best get an inline pump and away you go. /emoticons/smile.png

3 connected each other coz there is 2 down pipes on each side of the unit,do you recommend any type of inline pump?i no one window cleaner who use gravity to pump it through the vessel but I imagine it's slow specially when water in the tank gets low.not a option for me now anyway as the tanks are full no way I could raise them

Yep you could do but running it at 5 lpm the battery would not last very long unless you had it charging at the same time. Which incidentally I do quite often if I'm on an exterior deep cleaning job as I already use customers power for the guttervac /emoticons/smile.png

Just get a sack truck and mount the 100 psi pump, battery charger and di tank on that the plug it in and away you go. That is what I would try first if it was me just wanting to fill containers /emoticons/smile.png

im going to try a caravan pump through my di 10 litres a min. do you think this would destroy the resin smurf?

DI resin will only last so long anyway so I could not see it making much difference.

im going to try a caravan pump through my di 10 litres a min. do you think this would destroy the resin smurf?

what i do is, collect rain water in IBC, use a 240v sub-pump to pump it through a sediment filter (50 micron, normal 10" housing) 1/2" garden hose, right into the tank in the van, then polish it with DI on-demand.

so what you said about attaching di to your trolley makes sense, why slow down the transferring process? (and possibly damaging your resin)

I collect the water in a 25ltre can or 100ltre water but. It goes in at between 7 & 10 ppm. I then run it into my spare backpack. Turn flow down on backpack, connect it to small DI & trickle it through. I have a hozlelock connection on the backpack with a tap on it so can slow water down if going into DI to quickly. I let the water from the waterbutt trickle into the backpack so the backpack don't run dry. Works fine.

H

attaching the vessel to the trolley seems a good idea
i mate me again been doin some research for you maybe one of the items I've put in pics

They come with suction hose so drop that in tank connect the garden hose View attachment 3796 from the out to the vessel turn the flow up till u get right pressure

Not sure if 85psi would push it through 2 vessels??someone will come and put some more info up chap

stevie ill get pics up sometime this week of my outfit and you can see it and any ideas would be great

Latest Posts

Back