Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New 650L system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Are you having a shower after work under your wfp with fan jets ?

Doesn't everyone do that? Can't just be me ?‍♂️

Actually thinking about it I always have about 100-150L's left over. The reason I'm cautious about going too low is when I first started and doing all those first cleans with WPF, my tank once got to about 50L's (could of been more) left in and I lost all the pressure. Always been careful since then never to let the tank get too low. 

AE Mackintosh had one installed recently. I wouldn't fancy popping a pressure washer on the false floor. Looks solid enough for a van etc though. I might drop him a message on YouTube and see how he's getting on, leaks etc I mean.
Am sure he puts his on the false floor , I like look of them 

Am sure he puts his on the false floor , I like look of them 
I'll tell him to join the forum while I'm at it haha.

Doesn't everyone do that? Can't just be me ?‍♂️

Actually thinking about it I always have about 100-150L's left over. The reason I'm cautious about going too low is when I first started and doing all those first cleans with WPF, my tank once got to about 50L's (could of been more) left in and I lost all the pressure. Always been careful since then never to let the tank get too low. 
I on the other hand often run on dregs. I remember once getting the lad working with me to climb on the side of the van that the out let was to tilt it that direction it was so low ?

You could always seal the breather cap, drill a 1/2" hole in the top of the tank and glue a 6"+ pipe in to act as the breather 
@Tuffers has this on his, he also covered the hole with a plastic bag before putting the lid on. I don't think just sealing the cap does it though, the actual lids don't form a tight seal around the tank. Perhaps I'm filling the tank too much too, I dunno ?‍♂️

@Tuffers has this on his, he also covered the hole with a plastic bag before putting the lid on. I don't think just sealing the cap does it though, the actual lids don't form a tight seal around the tank. Perhaps I'm filling the tank too much too, I dunno ?‍♂️
After I filled my tank I just wrap a cloth/old towel around the cap then once I've done my first job(s) and the water level has dropped all is good but with mine very little water leaks out, I just use the cloth to keep everything nice and dry

If your Wydale screw on cap leaks just run a smidgen of Vaseline around the rubber seal @P4dstar. It allows the gasket to seal correctly. Its the same principle when changing a spin on oil filter in the car when changing oil. We smear the seal of the new filter with oil. If we don't the oil filter will leak at that seal. A 'dry' unlubricated seal stops us from tightening the filter up enough.

There still might be the odd bit of water escaping through the vent, but as @Iron Giant says, a wrap of towel around the cap will catch that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta keep the tax bill down so might as well invest in a new system. I've had snippets of conversations on here but I thought I'd be more precise.

What I want....

• 2 Man system
  • Delivery only
  • 650 Litre
  • Installation
  • A leak free tank

I already have all of the above (except the 650L tank, currently have 500L) and have the hose reels etc to go with it. I'm currently considering;

Grippa tank - £3230 for all of the above. Probably spend another £100 on the driveway fitting service.

X-Line - £3294 for all of the above (750L) 

Ionics - No idea how much, not even sure they sell delivery only systems. The benefit is they're down the road from me (about 20 minutes)

Pure Freedom - £2970 (Probably less as I don't need the RO) The tank appears to be a standard Wyedale one so not leak free I guess but all of the other points.

Facelift - £2900-3k All of the above. Not sure of exact price because they don't advertise fitting prices.

Brodex - No Idea how much. Only considered originally as they're down the road from my mums house so I'd have something to do while it was fitted.

So as you can see I've narrowed it down ??? Interested in peoples opinions and experiences on any of the above. 
AVOID IONICS AT ALL COST!

I’ve had an absolute nightmare with them since I purchased a brand new 800lt thermopure system from them just over a year ago ...

When they want your money they’re all over you, once they have it and problems begin they slope shoulders and don’t want to know ...

In their defence they have really decent kit, it’s overpriced and I have learnt a valuable lesson ...

I’m sure there are equally but more cost friendly suppliers out there which will save you a few quid against what IONICS would charge.

All they way from a pipe dream back in November, there it is! Excuse the floor, Dennis stopped me from putting a fresh layer of Protectakote on it so I'll have to do everything except the underside of the tank once it drys up.

IMG_0356.jpeg

Do you have under floor runners for the twin stack or because you only work in exclusive sites you don't need them.
I'm a little confused about what under floor runners are mate, do you mean hose guides through the floor like Iron Giant has? I am going to fit some hose guides but not floor ones because I want to minimise the holes in the floor. For at least another month the bottom reel is just for show. Once I get someone on board that will become an issue.

Back