Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New 650L system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gotta keep the tax bill down so might as well invest in a new system. I've had snippets of conversations on here but I thought I'd be more precise.

What I want....

• 2 Man system
  • Delivery only
  • 650 Litre
  • Installation
  • A leak free tank

I already have all of the above (except the 650L tank, currently have 500L) and have the hose reels etc to go with it. I'm currently considering;

Grippa tank - £3230 for all of the above. Probably spend another £100 on the driveway fitting service.

X-Line - £3294 for all of the above (750L) 

Ionics - No idea how much, not even sure they sell delivery only systems. The benefit is they're down the road from me (about 20 minutes)

Pure Freedom - £2970 (Probably less as I don't need the RO) The tank appears to be a standard Wyedale one so not leak free I guess but all of the other points.

Facelift - £2900-3k All of the above. Not sure of exact price because they don't advertise fitting prices.

Brodex - No Idea how much. Only considered originally as they're down the road from my mums house so I'd have something to do while it was fitted.

So as you can see I've narrowed it down ??? Interested in peoples opinions and experiences on any of the above. 

Grippatank are coming to me tomorrow. My 650l two man hot water system cost me 9 grand but got my van floor sealed. When doing a gutter clear and window clean today. Their neighbour came over again and asked how much to do his. I said a ton but if you are my customer then £15 a month wfp and £50 to clear the gutters. He was happy because £100 suddenly became £65 and he jumped at it. I double the price to clear gutters if they are not my customer.

Gotta keep the tax bill down so might as well invest in a new system. I've had snippets of conversations on here but I thought I'd be more precise.

What I want....

• 2 Man system
  • Delivery only
  • 650 Litre
  • Installation
  • A leak free tank

I already have all of the above (except the 650L tank, currently have 500L) and have the hose reels etc to go with it. I'm currently considering;

Grippa tank - £3230 for all of the above. Probably spend another £100 on the driveway fitting service.

Ionics - No idea how much, not even sure they sell delivery only systems. The benefit is they're down the road from me (about 20 minutes)

Pure Freedom - £2970 (Probably less as I don't need the RO) The tank appears to be a standard Wyedale one so not leak free I guess but all of the other points.

Facelift - £2900-3k All of the above. Not sure of exact price because they don't advertise fitting prices.

Brodex - No Idea how much. Only considered originally as they're down the road from my mums house so I'd have something to do while it was fitted.

So as you can see I've narrowed it down ??? Interested in peoples opinions and experiences on any of the above. 
I'm less than 3 minutes from Ionics, so twenty minutes from you. You're welcome to pop over for a coffee and have a look at my setup if you like. It works extremely well for me ?

I have ionic systems in all my vans good kit but it is overpriced , they do do delivery systems only , look for a second hand one , I bought one for £120 and converted it into a softwashing machine , have a look on eBay they do come up now and again , Grippatank systems are good , and after my currant experience with waterworks I agree with @Den I would seriously look at there stuff to , won’t mention the other company you referred to ????

What I want....

• 2 Man system
  • Delivery only
  • 650 Litre
  • Installation
  • A leak free tank

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-water-window-cleaning/123960268927?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3D8924476b44204bb8be7ea565afe388da%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Des%26sd%3D193191065379%26itm%3D123960268927%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is what I would go for if I had the payload my little compact 325l has been faultless in the last three years or so. 

https://waterworkswindowcleaning.co.uk/product/2-man-delivery-system-700l-inc-powerup-hd/
Interesting, I already have the correct reels, don't need the battery etc. I'm sure they would sort something for me on it. Does look smart!

Grippatank are coming to me tomorrow.
Will be interested to hear how it goes mate

You seem to be sugesting wyvale tanks leak, do they? in suprisement.
Nah, I don't find a soaking wet van every time I've got a full tank ? I know I could put a carrier bag ove the hole to seal it but it's just not very professional.

I have ionic systems in all my vans good kit but it is overpriced , they do do delivery systems only , look for a second hand one , I bought one for £120 and converted it into a softwashing machine , have a look on eBay they do come up now and again , Grippatank systems are good , and after my currant experience with waterworks I agree with @Den I would seriously look at there stuff to , won’t mention the other company you referred to ????

If I needed a 1000L system I would have gone for this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ionic-Pro-5-Reach-And-Wash-Window-Cleaning-System/274079404656?hash=item3fd067d270:g:vmYAAOSwbPldudsO

Wasted on me unfortunately.

Bargain for the right person @spruce, looks like its been through the mill though. Not for me that but a bargain for someone.

Interesting, I already have the correct reels, don't need the battery etc. I'm sure they would sort something for me on it. Does look smart!

Will be interested to hear how it goes mate

Nah, I don't find a soaking wet van every time I've got a full tank ? I know I could put a carrier bag ove the hole to seal it but it's just not very professional.

If I needed a 1000L system I would have gone for this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ionic-Pro-5-Reach-And-Wash-Window-Cleaning-System/274079404656?hash=item3fd067d270:g:vmYAAOSwbPldudsO

Wasted on me unfortunately.

Bargain for the right person @spruce, looks like its been through the mill though. Not for me that but a bargain for someone.

The tank looked alright. The metal frame around the tank needed a bit of paint; they all do. I would have put the DI vessel on Ebay and dumped the rest of the stuff in the tip. ?

@P4dstar I thought yours leaked when you filled the van and flooded it ? I managed it twice last week

Any of those suppliers is going to be a decent drive, it also depends if you want to or happy to do a full day with driving rather than spending £500 on driveway fitting, but having said that the prices on a waterworks system isn't that far away from Grippa although with waterworks you get the PowerUp reels x2 for £2,754 all in 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a grippa 650 2 man system.

it's a great set up and for me one of the main points for buying it was these tanks are fully baffled and crash tested.They sit and handle very well in the van.They are not upright or lay flat more square shape you really don't notice it in the back when driving.

Grippa have taken a bit of a bashing lately on the net but you will struggle to find a better service and product for the money.

Any reason why you're going 650L only @P4dstar? I have a 800L Pure Freedom system and honestly I think I would struggle at a lower capacity as I nearly run empty after a days work and I only work 5-6 hours a day. Unless I'm just over rinsing ??

Any reason why you're going 650L only @P4dstar? I have a 800L Pure Freedom system and honestly I think I would struggle at a lower capacity as I nearly run empty after a days work and I only work 5-6 hours a day. Unless I'm just over rinsing ??
Two of us do mostly similar hours to you. We have a 650 litre flat tank. We do sometimes use the whole lot but only on really busy 8 hour days. In a six hour day we usually use about 500 litres.

You do seem to be using an awful lot of water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you having a shower after work under your wfp with fan jets ?

The tank looked alright. The metal frame around the tank needed a bit of paint; they all do. I would have put the DI vessel on Ebay and dumped the rest of the stuff in the tip. ?
It was tempting, Frome is only the other side of Bristol. I just imagined I would be getting myself into a mess, especially with the modifications he had made to it. Bargain for whoever won it though.

@P4dstar I thought yours leaked when you filled the van and flooded it ? I managed it twice last week

Any of those suppliers is going to be a decent drive, it also depends if you want to or happy to do a full day with driving rather than spending £500 on driveway fitting, but having said that the prices on a waterworks system isn't that far away from Grippa although with waterworks you get the PowerUp reels x2 for £2,754 all in 
That was a loooooong time ago, in my old van. Now I fill up from an IBC. I got that solenoid you sent me a link to for that. I have no need for the power up's but even with them its only £3114. It looks smart but I would be interested to hear someone who has one as it looks like it will leak like a wyedale one, same sort of lid on them ?‍♂️

Ah, I gotcha, mines upright, and tho its a 350 litre I only usually have roughly 260 litres or so in it.
Try sticking a full 350 in it and going round a few corners ?

Just a bit of overkill mate, also PF seem to use wyedale tanks so if I fill it up I imagine I'll have the same leakage issue.

Latest Posts

Back