New and just starting out

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by CCS, Jan 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CCS

CCS Newcomer

Hi guys!

Been browsing the forum for a while now and have learnt so much already from you guys! So thought its about time i signed up ;)

Ive got a few questions...

Im currently in full time work which is long hours and not very good money. Ive been considering starting my own window cleaning business for some time now (Ive done a bit of traditional window cleaning in the past so i know i enjoy it)

Im looking into WFP as working at heights isn't really my thing.

So this is what im thinking about doing, any advice on what i should and shouldn't do would be great...

Im looking to get a smallish van ( not sure what yet but nothing thats going to break the bank just yet)

Was thinking about getting the WindowCleaningWarehouse 22 litre backpack as mentioned in a very good review on here.

The one thing that is really confusing me though is about getting pure water. I know im living in a hard water area so I guess my best bet would be an RO and DI system?? Its just that i cant seem to find much online regarding DI. I can find plenty of RO systems but no DI systems. Is anyone able to recommend a suitable system that I can use at my home and then pit into containers to put in the van. Im not looking for anything too expebut somethings that's going to do the job.

Also if anyone could let me know anything else i should be looking at buying before starting out i would appreciate it.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

Hi CCS welcome to forum mate.

DI isn't really a system as such like RO, think of it more like a stage of filtration.

see my dodgy diagram below.

3. kahoona

diagram

Attached Files:

• RO.jpg
      RO.jpg
      File size:
      80.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Hello and welcome CCS.
    You'll get loads of great advice on here.

I've got no experience of the windowcleaningwarehouse backpack but I can recommend the Gardiner backpack.

I buy my water from a place local to me. I have a small tank plus half a dozen 25l drums in the back of my van. Might be worth having a look online to see if there's anywhere local to you.

5. CCS

CCS Newcomer

Thanks guys.

Yeah i was looking at the gardiner backpack but I like the WCW one as its seems like it comes with everything to get me going.. Pole etc.

Thanks for the diagram Kahoona, that explains it a bit better. But i know plenty of places to get an RO system but not a DI vessel? Do i have to get both from same place or if i get them seperately, will they just connect up to each other?

6. kahoona

you can get the RO and DI vessel from different suppliers, very easy to connect together using standard fittings, I was like you when i started, a bit unsure what i needed etc, so I phoned vyair when I ordered my RO and DI vessel and they included all the bits and bobs I needed to connect them together and connect to my water supply.

7. CCS

CCS Newcomer

Had a look on vyair and looks like they have everything i need. So many different sorts though. Anyone give me a guide as to how much i should be looking on spending of the RO and DI system?

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

you could do with testing your water at home - what's the TDS level ? That's first thing to do then go from there

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome CCS glad you made the jump to fully fledged member.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

10. Fairy

Fairy Active Member

Hi mate
    Assuming you mean the facelift renegade backpack, it's really good. I've ordered it a few weeks ago and since using it it's been good. Except for the pole which have quite dodgy clamps. Best bet would be buying a filter system which I bought for 30 quid and diy filter. My tds went from 280 to 0. And without the diy it was 28. Gotta be below 3 at least (?) I would say. All togheter I probably spent 50 quid to make perfect pure water.

Advertisement