New pole - help me choose

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SPCleaning, Oct 14, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I currently have a CLX - 27 (very worn, worked hard) and a Phoenix Hybrid 'P' 22'.

I like both poles very much. The CLX needs to be replaced and I could use some extra height.

I have a budget of £500.

upload_2014-10-14_10-31-11.png
    upload_2014-10-14_10-31-45.png

Where would you put your money?

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#2 spruce, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    SLX 35 includes brush, resineck angle adaptor, hose and connector - free delivery.

Phoenix includes hose. Brush 34.74, angle adaptor 4.80 + hose connector (Series 26) 2.35 = 428.89

I can't see if there is a delivery charge, but if their is then add that. Not much in it price wise TBH. I guess its all down to clamp preference.

I don't have any experience with a Phoenix pole, so I would go with the supplier I do have experience with if I was making the choice myself.

This is my take on it and is not an adverse reflection on WCW or the Facelift product. I have purchased stuff from WCW in the past and have had good service from them.

From what I have seen, Stephen Fox has also been very quick to help with any issues that purchasers have experienced.

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Thanks Spruce,
    I'm just going to see what the general feeling is and go with that.

4. Mwwindowcleaning

Mwwindowcleaning Active Member

Any slx. I use a clx and just have the extra 10ft add on section. I don't like changinging my pole to do the bottoms so the clx is perfect for me.

5. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

If you get a phoenix.. then go for the full carbon one. Same as the slx. And stick on a super light sill brush

6. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I use a Phoenix ultra light 26. Brilliant pole use it for everything it's says full carbon on Pf website but the fella I ordered from let it slip it was 80% carbon 20% fibre glass

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I only know Gardiners, the SLX-35. It's bit heavy for all day use though. How about the SLX-25, or do you need longer? I suppose you could buy the 25' and the extensions to take it to 35'?

8. abs

abs Guru

I'd go phoenix personally

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ive got a pheonix 22 full carbon an ive also had a clx 27 ide say waight an stiffness is very similer clamps r faster an easer to use on the pheonix but the slx will last longer due to the smart clamps horses for coarses realy how about throwing a nother in the the mix (xline pole) liter on paper so i saw the other week!!!!! clamps r spose to b solid to

10. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

The phoenix 26 UL is a food pole.

Advertisement