Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PPB Water quality

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gilly

[media]

[/media]
Interesting video, has anyone used zero PPB water and if so how does it perform in day to day work?

Wow Craig has aged, the stress of running a business looks as it is getting to him. True in once sense in measurement ms/cm but I think a bit OTT.

Just marketing bull - can't blame him as he is a business man, but spotting is not caused by 0PPM so using 0PPB wont solve that problem, spotting comes mostly from operator error or problems with loose window seals or leaking air vents.

To the human eye a clean window wont look cleaner or stay cleaner with 0PPB.

But for bragging rights & a USP to customers it perhaps has its place in the market.

Just marketing bull - can't blame him as he is a business man, but spotting is not caused by 0PPM so using 0PPB wont solve that problem, spotting comes mostly from operator error or problems with loose window seals or leaking air vents.
To the human eye a clean window wont look cleaner or stay cleaner with 0PPB.

But for bragging rights & a USP to customers it perhaps has its place in the market.
So have you actually used zero PPB? Would like to here from someone that uses it on a daily basis. My opinion is the same as yours but iv never used it so can't speak from experience.

I've spent a couple of hours using a Ionic zero PPB system.

Are you happy with the sparkling clean windows you get from using PPM? If so could you see anyway the PPB would improve??

Scientifically PPB should work through grime faster but its that small a margin at such extreme measurement levels we the cleaners would not see any benefit. Well thats my opinion, perfectly happy with 0PPM, or even 5PPM to be fair, does the job fine. Happy customers

I've spent a couple of hours using a Ionic zero PPB system.
Are you happy with the sparkling clean windows you get from using PPM? If so could you see anyway the PPB would improve??

Scientifically PPB should work through grime faster but its that small a margin at such extreme measurement levels we the cleaners would not see any benefit. Well thats my opinion, perfectly happy with 0PPM, or even 5PPM to be fair, does the job fine. Happy customers
Would have to agree with you, the results with 0ppm are near perfect every time. I do notice a difference when iv just changed my resin, the brush glides better and seems to cut through dirt quicker which got me thinking about 0ppb, but as you have said it's probably marginal results. I use hot currently but am always striving for the best results I can achieve.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Yeh I think technique, 0ppm and attention to detail is about as good as it can get to be honest. I have hot and have used it all the time upto about 4 months ago when I stopped (mostly due to the webasto breaking on me all the time) but have personally noticed no worse effects or loss of performance on regular cleans, I do like hot for G/S/F and first cleans though.

I used PPB whe the Ionics roadshow was in Nottingham. They claimed it was 'designed' for larger commercial buildings that only got done every year or three.

Claims about it cutting through the grime quicker etc. I tried it on a building that had not had a clean in many moons and notice zero difference with my PPM system.

Back