Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to pressure washing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jetmac pressure washers have a better range of the different the types of gearboxes than what most other suppliers offer.

Never bought of them but I would next time round though. 

Hi,

The Honda 390 series is a great piece of kit. I purchased mine a year ago and it hasn't missed a beat. I looked at Jetmac and to be honest some of the reviews on back up and service are not great and they are based in Ireland. I purchased mine through Martin at HiBar in Southampton who have been brilliant to say the least. PHONE: 023 8045 7176

It is a Dual Pumps Evolution3 Part No: E3T21200PHR which is a pull start and in hindsight wish I had opted for electric start.

My business is Pressure Washing only and working things out on a square metre rate is likely to bite you in the rear. I site survey every job. This allows you to look at the access to the property, condition of the ground your cleaning and any issues regarding water supply etc.  

I price each job individually and have a figure in my head for a day rate as this has to include your Machine fuel, Van fuel, public liability, employers liability etc.... It all adds up !!

I also have a minimum rate which is £80.00 which I tell people when they call. This at least gives you the opportunity to do really small jobs, paths etc with minimal cost to the business if you want to and you can always walk away. 

Good Luck with the business etc

Gaz
Cheers Gaz. I’m sure I’ll make pricing mistakes but I haven’t the ability to visit and quote because of the size of area we cover. 

Ive got a minimum price of £90 set up. 

Fired up the pressure washer today and was mega impressed. So was my guy that’s going to use it. A paving slab takes seconds with the lance. 

Cheers Gaz. I’m sure I’ll make pricing mistakes but I haven’t the ability to visit and quote because of the size of area we cover. 

Ive got a minimum price of £90 set up. 

Fired up the pressure washer today and was mega impressed. So was my guy that’s going to use it. A paving slab takes seconds with the lance. 

Hows the pressure washing going? Have you much work come in?

Hows the pressure washing going? Have you much work come in?
One job so far which we’re doing next week but only marketing to existing customers as we go so only a couple of hundred to date. We’ve 2,000 customers so I expect to pick up a few jobs from those. Main marketing though will be via our leaflet drop April - September. This year we dropped about 400,000 so I’m sure we’ll get a good few jobs. 

Latest Posts

Back