Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New toy ??????????

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We did a couple of jobs today with the new vac and have to say it’s an impressive piece of kit , the poles are very good , and the suction is great ,the vac release pole is a great idea and works well . 

D14C7642-4517-4080-9192-0941214C998F.jpeg

79401E50-0520-43FC-8082-00365D656025.jpeg

AC8B0803-F380-4044-9BD2-E52753D273AB.jpeg

8E7E6AA5-9F5D-4FA3-AA6A-67C243B3DA03.jpeg

41DB176C-2D32-4D2A-A547-A3ECB9F0AC03.jpeg

Hmmm Pjj that looks like a shinny bit of kit...☺️ that's a fair chunk of cash, just wondered way you opted for a portable genie that you push around on the job rather than a van based genie and power real and a Skvac industrial? Looks like same power ? Was the blow function the deal clincher?  I totally respect your  choice - just keen to understand your rationale?

Hmmm Pjj that looks like a shinny bit of kit...☺️ that's a fair chunk of cash, just wondered way you opted for a portable genie that you push around on the job rather than a van based genie and power real and a Skvac industrial? Looks like same power ? Was the blow function the deal clincher?  I totally respect your  choice - just keen to understand your rationale?

My previous vac was 110 volt with a genie , it was ok but on a large building you are having to move the genie and the vac evan with a 25 meter extension lead, this takes time and far more effort than this system , no electric is involved , , the job we did yesterday meant we had to carry it up some stairs onto a landing , I was dreading doing that but it was easy no problem at all . We do a lot of large commercial and big detached manor type houses where you cannot leave the genie in the van as the lead would not reach , with this system you just move one piece of kit piece of cake , the arrangement I had with Rob at spinner clean was if I felt that this machine was to big I could have exchanged it for  a industrial 85 and genie , however Ime more than happy with this set up and glad that I got it rather than the other one , we dkba,so have a Grippatank 240 mains powered one for small jobs .

I haven’t used the blow function yet , I didn’t buy it beacause of that but it might come in useful one day ??. 

Less than a weeks work and it will be paid for , I already have work booked in to do in January that will more than pay for this set up so straight into profit . 

For anyone looking at serious gutter vaccing that dies a reasonable amount of commercial work and has a reasonable sized van this is a no brainier .

The only fault I can find with it is it’s a bit noisy when stood by it so you really need ear defenders .  

Does the poles come with it or are we talking 5 grand for the lot?

Yes poles , camera ,and a selection of pole ends . Not cheap but quality kit , does what it says on the Tin . We were lifting out turfs two and a half feet long and a dead seagull !!!! , due to the weather we have been having Ime getting several calls a day for gutter unblocking never been so busy with this type of work , Gutters never been emptied , customer had water ingress into 3 rooms with ceiling collapse due to water getting into the roof space 

Cheers Pjj thanks for the insights, I too have a grippatank 240 mains and tbh on occasion could do with a bit more umpph,  totally agree in investing in good kit...which looks like what you boys have done...post a review a few months in when you 'know' it's/if any foibles.

Ps. what's the bulding in your last post? Is it a kingdom hall?

Yes poles , camera ,and a selection of pole ends . Not cheap but quality kit , does what it says on the Tin . We were lifting out turfs two and a half feet long and a dead seagull !!!! , due to the weather we have been having Ime getting several calls a day for gutter unblocking never been so busy with this type of work , Gutters never been emptied , customer had water ingress into 3 rooms with ceiling collapse due to water getting into the roof space 

What I tell all my customers is this:- Your insurance will be null and void if you don't get your gutter cleared every year. Insurance companies are expecting customers to maintain their property and if they don't then they won't pay out. After getting my RO fixed, I had them plugged in the wrong way round. I was out today doing first cleans and the hotwater makes a big difference then the electric reel for a quick getaway. That's me working on full power and like yourself I'm snowed under with work. Might end up getting that interceptor next year if it continues.

Thought you just disconnected cuff ? Told you they're good poles. One tip make sure your other hand is away from the edge when you shut the release, bloody hurts when you nip the skin ? 

I did pull the cuff off with my old poles worked well ??. Lol already caught my hand in the vac release bit won’t be doing that again in a hurry ????? , they are very good Poles not as rigid as my old ones though , but the clamping system is excellent it’s all very good kit , I would thoroughly recommend it , I think you need to sell your 85 and get one .  

Cheers Pjj thanks for the insights, I too have a grippatank 240 mains and tbh on occasion could do with a bit more umpph,  totally agree in investing in good kit...which looks like what you boys have done...post a review a few months in when you 'know' it's/if any foibles.

Ps. what's the bulding in your last post? Is it a kingdom hall?

Yes I will post on going review , Ime a great believer in telling it as it is if it’s good I will say so and if it’s an expensive bit of junk and I have waisted my money I will certainly post that as well ?? , we have 4 big blocks of flats to do , three 6 bedroom farm houses , a hotel , and a few normal houses . Yes it is a Kingdom Hall . We do it twice a year as there a big trees above it and the gutters get blocked up very quickly . The other pictures I put up the owner was that impressed with what we did he wants us to look at all his other properties and hopefully we are going to get an annual contract to do  the lot , Ime finding more and more people wanting repeat annual work doing we are starting to build up quite a big portfolio and I haven’t actively been promoting it but will be doing so selling the service on a prevention is better than cure basis . 

I've only had it 15 months, pricing up another mile or so of gutters soon but it's for 2021. If I get them might treat myself next Christmas. Still interested how it handles uneven terrain.

The second job we did was over a gravel car park we found it easier to pull it rather than push it , it has swivelling wheels on the front and fixed on the back , I do think if it had wheels all round like a supermarket trolley it would handle better , I will be phoning Rob and suggesting that this might be a good ideal to make it better , I will keep you informed of how it goes , it is very stable even on uneven ground , and Ime surprised how easy it is to pick up it’s lighter than my 5 Kva genie was and more manoverble   evan with the fixed wheels , if you want to reduce the weight you can remove the drum in seconds .

Latest Posts

Back