Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New van build, slowly coming along

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Might I just add there is less than £2k od gear in the back of this van. Something for noobs to consider.
You dont need £5-£10k systems just to get going.
Couldn't agree more

Actually I think it's smart as any system

And works just the same as 5k plus system

griipatank and ionics are rip off

totally agree with the above buy all the gear

you can always get mecanic to do all the wiring when your ready

you know yourself where everything is going to go

It is an awesome system

Too much for me but if you want to treat yourself to the best 10k can be easily spent

I was only messing about I agree a decent DIY build of 2k does the same job.

System was about 5k custom frame work and metal work. Rollers. And plastic work was £1500

Electric reel and controller was £1500

So about 8k bargain.

I bet you could have found a way to do more than 10k though

It depends where you draw the line between top quality equipment and excess

To me 1500 squid on a cox reel is mental and excessive but obviously you thought that was good

Each to their own mate

You can't cut corners i.e: cheap nasty pump etc on a proper van mount as it is what you rely on day in day out to earn your money but also there is a point when what you buy is good enough and paying more will not change reliability etc

That is where a diy mount is good imo

Buy quality parts but don't pay extortionate prices for someone else to fit it

Personally i use backpacks but if one dies i will just use another

Not possible with van mount as it needs to be 100% reliable

650 l tank £100

Claber reel £40

100 m hose £40

Gardiner pump, controller battery and charger £ 100

Dpm, ratchet straps £50

Boom.

Hi Green,

Love your setup, where did you get the tank from?

Grippatank sells they're systems as crash tested, most are priced at 2k, just wondering how your tank compares in price & safety?

They only disclose the results of a 30mph impact

Who knows what would happen over that speed

OK @Rahul here's the key.

Crash testing stats only show at what speed of impact your tank will split and spill all over the back of the van.

You go head on into a wall at 60mph with half a ton of water behind you weather the tank is crash tested or not the weight of that in the back pushing forward is going to make a pancake of your cab.

'What if I crash on the M40?' I hear you ask. Most motorway crashes are very low impact. Your doing 70 and you hit someone thats going 60 from behind that's only a 10mph impact.

I have no plans on smashing my van just to find out how 'safe' my tank is but this type of tank has been about for ages with no untoward reports.

Also remember the tank has little to do with safety that's the frame that holds it in place.

Cost wise? If Grippa are £2k a pop you could buy 3 of mine with frame. And still have change enough to buy an 18ft SLX

All sounds very sensible. I've been working with a wydale baffled tank and custom metal frame + ratchets for extra safety. but looking to re organise as I do a lot of pressure washing and guttering and have to keep swapping equipment in and out!

I've always liked the look of the grippatank setups but thought they were overpriced, where did you buy the tank and frame from?

The tank is a Wyedale mate. No different to yours. Just custom ordered in my colors.

As for the frame several suppliers do them but I suggest talking to your local engineering shop and possibly having one built to your own specs as then you get it laid out how you want and it wont cost that much more at all.

Back