"NEWBIE QUESTION: Where can I hire a ladder?

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by FINEST, Sep 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. FINEST

FINEST Member

Hello mates, how are you all doing today?

I'm a newbie window cleaner 3 months in cleaning windows. Yesterday for the first time client asked me if I can clean the gutters. I agreed, knowing that i've never done it before, nor do I have the equipment for it, not even a ladder.

The Gutter is one the Terraced House second floor.

Will you tell me what size ladder do I need to get for second floor, and where may I hire one, please?

Any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Advertisement
  2. "H"

"H" Member

Jewsons do tool hire. Look into hiring ladder stabilisers or get someone to foot the ladder for you. Speaking from personal experience from when I fell 22 feet and landed on concrete.
    The irony of it was that I DID have a "mate" (no longer) foot the ladder but he got bored and decided to go for a smoke just as I was stepping from the roof ladder onto the extension ladder.
    Result, me flying through the air and landing inches from a concrete plant pot that the cretin had moved to sit on. Broke 3 ribs but the plus side was that Wales was playing France in the rugby and we won so the gallons of cider I put away helped the pain. :)

3. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

image.jpeg Think mines an elt230 it's about 9kg in weight ideal for most domestic window cleaning and high enough for domestic gutter cleaning paired up with the ladder stand off

4. Williams Jet Wash

Think it cost me £90 would advice buying will pay for itself quickly

5. Williams Jet Wash

:thumbsup:And in my image you can see in the floor my Harris pole with a pro gutter tool on the end you wana get yourself a set of these

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. FINEST

FINEST Member

Im so sorry for your fall! I hope youre all well now! And looks like the Cider helped hehe
    Yeah.. youre right i need to get those! I am afraid of climbing hights and always take it slow. Stabilisers would make me more safe.
    At the moment i dont have a car, so I do all my round on feet, carrying a pole and a bucket. I imagine i will have to carry a ladder on my shoulder to clean the fellows gutters hehe.

Thanks for the advice

7. FINEST

FINEST Member

Wicked! Thank you William!
    I cant afford to pay for a ladder and all the safety stuff at the moment. Im a man on feet and saving for a car and wfp back pack. Normally i would avoice cleaning gutters but this time i gave a big quotation and the customer agreed. Thank you so much for the advice!

8. "H"

"H" Member

Thank you good fella! Was a few years ago I fell but it's never left me. What is pretty good bit of kit is the Ladder M8rix. Here on Ebay for around £40. M8 RIX Pro Ladder Stopper - Used - Free Delivery Grab a Bargain !

With regards the fear of heights, take your time. There's no race in climbing ladders. Your confidence will build. :)

9. ARC

ARC Newcomer

We carry out loads of gutter work
    Had around 13 come through these past 2 days .
    Good earners, on a Saturday and Sunday we can average around £500 / £700 a day .

10. Williams Jet Wash

if you want to survive you need some wheels. good luck!

Advertisement