Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbies here...disappointing start at canvassing advice please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hiya everyone

Just got back from canvassing! Lol went out just after 5....I got 12 customers!! Very happy...and so close by as well!! Customers were pleased to see a window cleaner in the area, got our work cut out on these coz they are filthy!! However I have priced first cleans accordingly /emoticons/wink.png

Great boost from yesterday looking forward to going out again tomorrow!

Remember today when you have a bad day

Reminds you there is light at the end of the tunnel

Well done

I quoted a woman today £25..lives next door to her parents (weird )

Got her parents also for £15

£40 monthly in 1 place

Keep going and you'll find your little gold mine areas

It seems quite a tight community and i got into a pattern where 1 neighbour needed us the other one did too and I got pointed in the direction of another street which were their friends so I wasn't disappointed with the no's but I did leave a leaflet and the price and the date we would be there if they changed their minds.

Well done on your £40 /emoticons/smile.png think I'm going to head up to that same area but start a different round on a different street - see if their windows are mucky too!

Report back again tomorrow

It starts to snowball once you have a few happy customers under your belt

People love to gossip to their mates

The 3 jobs i got today were 1 from a recommendation and 1(well 2) from a facebook recommendations

agree with green when u get to 200- 300 u have a gd we bit to do then u wont worry as much but will be adding 10 odd customers week but its the one who come to you are worth more as they r seeking ur services they wil be gd ones rather than ones cancelling after 3 cleans

Definitely right there..ones who find you tend to be loyal and regular customers

Had a strange one earlier

One i picked up canvassing

Monthly ..2 months ago said leave it a few weeks as we're going away on holiday..I'll let you know when we're back

Heard nothing

Messaged her today just to check

" I'm around your way this week do you want your windows cleaning?"

"Oh yes lovely..can you do the insides to?"

"No problem "

"When can you do it"

"Either tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening which is best for you?"

"Actually leave it for a few weeks"

Safe to say she's getting no reply from me

2 in 2 days have bit the dust..gives me 2 more spots for new customers who won't mess me about

Arggghhhh so confused !!!

(Or so lucky)

Someone tell me which one lol

Went nearby to the area I covered yesterday (13 customers altogether canvassing yesterday)

I got 10 customers today, most of the areas windows are in need of a window cleaner, now then...have I stumbled on a "bad" area or a potential goldmine ??

Most of my customers today said they've not seen a window cleaner in this area at all and 1 said they'd loved at their home for 12 years and only had 2, what gives??

I picked this area on google maps because it's waaaay off the main roads and the advice some of you have given on here seems like a good idea what do you guys think??

Thanks in advance sorry if this seems like a daft thing to write

Lol. If its a little village or untouched part of town then I'd say you've got lucky. Maybe its out of the way for others to go or they haven't thought about it. I'm in a town with literally over a hundred windies so there are no hidden gems around here /emoticons/sad.png I say get out there and tap it up, might be a great way to get a load of customers all in a concentrated area :thumbsup:

as long they pay itl be a goldmine just do a gd job and be upfront dont force a 4 week on them if they iffy as they cancel near offer some thats bit iffy on it being done so soon like 6 week or 8

I'm hoping so... I picked a large area and went right to back corner of the estate, I don't mean to sound rude but as I'm new to all this I'm going to ask anyway...does it make a difference if the estate/area is a little "rough around the edges" in regards to good payers etc ?

I hear it all the time that they haven't seen a window cleaner in years. Seems like your just in luck. Why would the area be bad? As long as you make it clear from the start how frequent the cleans will be how your going to gain access what your cleaning and the price then it can't be bad. I try my best to make sure I don't have to call or txt customers because it gives them an opportunity to say not this time. I'll give them a warning and explain I don't skip cleans if they have an issue then it's best to get rid ASAP.

I hear it all the time that they haven't seen a window cleaner in years. Seems like your just in luck. Why would the area be bad? As long as you make it clear from the start how frequent the cleans will be how your going to gain access what your cleaning and the price then it can't be bad. I try my best to make sure I don't have to call or txt customers because it gives them an opportunity to say not this time. I'll give them a warning and explain I don't skip cleans if they have an issue then it's best to get rid ASAP.
Fantastic thanks for this, will keep this in mind looks like I've got pretty much everything covered then, phone numbers for access first clean price, regular price our collection date if they are not in on the clean day and also the date we will be coming around. Leaflet dropped homes that weren't in and got a response within 10 minutes off setting off home, will keep canvassing in that area until I come accross some clean windows /emoticons/smile.png

does it make a difference if the estate/area is a little "rough around the edges" in regards to good payers etc ?
As an old friend used to say, 'buildings don't pi$$ in elevators'

Translation, you have to take each customer as they come, you are new and just starting out, it will take you a while to realize which are pure messers and which are decent folk, the area can not dictate the answer as many on here will tell you some of the posher houses are the biggest messers and some of the most humble homes are the ones chasing you down the road with the money waving in the air.

Only time and experience will help you here but do not let it break you as it is something each and every one of us has been through on here.

if was you id not do attempt more than 5 that first day. maybe less . dont book in more or else you may rush ,possibly do a shoddy job in the need to get on to another booking .

theres a big learning curve on 2 fronts here , a-ladders AND b- 1st cleans

Back