No power from pump!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SMC CLEANING, Mar 29, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Hi guys have just had a brand new system put in my van it's been wired up to my van battery as I have only just received my pole I've plugged it all in but nothing I'm at a loss have released the valve connected the hose and turned the digital control on it just says bat as well as 70 psi I'm assuming that means battery but if it wasn't connected to the battery then the control would not come on in the first place surely? No water seems to be going through the hose at all Please help as I'm at the end of my tether with it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Try pressing the return button on the far right of the controller to get out of 'bat' mode to get back to 'flo'.

Just my first thought.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Also, can you hear any sound from the pump? A sound like it's starting and stopping. If you can get to 'flo', try zapping it up to 99 to get some water through your reel. If your reel is brand new, remember it will be full of air and a lot of water will need to be forced through it before it starts spouting out of your pole.

4. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Yeh what you have described sounds about right does sound like the pump like it's starting and stopping. I have spoken to the bloke that fitted it and he said I may have blown the fuse and didn't give one pump enough time to calibrate as it's a two man system and I tried both pumps so I will have to try that tomorrow in the light. Thanks for the info thou I appreciate it.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Odd that he said you may have blown the fuse as you have power to the pump and controller by the sounds of it. When you look at it in the light try pressing and holding the up arrow button and the return (far right) button to show 'cal' to see what it's set at.

6. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

That's what I thought to be honest. Yeh I will try that thanks

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Just thought another thought. Is there a tap on / after the tank and is it open?

8. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Yeh there is two taps for the two man system but I turned them both on

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That's one thing defo ruled out then. When it said 'bat', was that the first time you had it turned on ever? Is this the first time you've used a controller and pump? Try tinkering tomorrow and post back. It'll get sorted :thumbsup:

10. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

First time it's be turned on yes I know how to use the controller as I've worked with them for a few years previously before I started my own company. But I have never set one up so have never seen the 'bat' dial before. I will do I appreciate your help will post back tomorrow.

Advertisement