Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No power from pump!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well thought I had sorted the pressure but now every time I I turn the pump on and plug the hose the 'de' comes up! one of the pumps is leaking witch I've told the company that fitted it. They also told me to calibrate it at 30 and set it it worked for a little while but didn't go threw the hose now both pumps say 'de' I'm about to lose my rag with it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try taking the hose conecter off the hose real if water then passes throu then u can try an blow throu ur pole hose if u can then its gota b ur pole hose conecter thats duff

Thanks tuffers I have just sent all the details to the company and have told them to sort it now!

On a new system setup you have to prime each pump (bleed all air out of the system including hose reels) and set the dead end detection. If it comes up de then you need to set the dead end dectection higher to say 45 then run the pump on 99 until you get a good constant flow. Best you disconnect the hose reel first then when all air is out of the system connect the hose reel to it then run it again with you wfp actached aswell. Remember if you are using really long hose reels for the first time will take quite a bit of time to bleed all air out of them.

Did you not get any instructions?

Thanks guys I appreciate all your help I know I need to get the air out but am a little concerned there is not as much pressure as there should be hence why it's not pushing threw the hose. I totally admit I don't have a clue how to set these systems up it's all new to me but I will look tomorrow and hopefully I will get it sorted once the company have called me and gone through it all.

Download that instruction manual in my last post so at least you know how the controllers work

From what I can see to the point where it goes to the reel don't know if it's in the hose I would assume it is as where else would it go under pressure.

@Smurf do you reckon they could have put one of these on the connection to the hose reel by mistake?

117544_xl.jpg

From what I can see to the point where it goes to the reel don't know if it's in the hose I would assume it is as where else would it go under pressure.

It won't go anywhere if 'de' is showing.

I can tell you they have

They have put that actual connector on? It's the wrong one, as no water can pass through in the direction that you will be needing it to. That nipple pushes back if water flows in the direction of it. You would need an open connector if that's the case.

I was just having a look at their crappy website tuffers and yes it looks like they have fitted those to the outlet of the pumps.

@SMC CLEANING As a quick test if you dont have a male-to-male hozelock conection just take off that connection and then prime the pump run it at 99 to see what happen

Back