Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No power from pump!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was thinking that earlier I'm not at the van right now but that makes sense I will try tomorrow thanks guys you've been brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No prob bud & lets us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I was thinking that earlier I'm not at the van right now but that makes sense I will try tomorrow thanks guys you've been brilliant

If it's a 'stop connector', just pull/snap the nipple off...saves buying a new 'open-flow' connector /emoticons/wink.png...job done /emoticons/smile.png............

And yes, I am tight with my money /emoticons/biggrin.png.

Hi guys all sorted finally!! Thank you for your replies your all stars. Now it's off to work tomorrow bit apprehensive even though I've done Wfp work for about 4 years before I started my own company I've never had to deal with any fallout should the windows go wrong. Even though my customers are good as gold I'm worried as traditional I knew they was perfect and now switching to Wfp will leave tracks and spotting so if you have any tips they would be very welcome.

Scrub frames, rinse them, scrub glass, rinse glass, scrub sill with water turned off. Easy as that, well not that easy, but you'll suss it.

Now for the big question, what was the problem with your system?

Cheers tuffers I wish it was that easy mate haha!

The system was what you said the connector wasn't an open one. Bit stupid of me for not realising also the pump that wasn't working had plastic blocking one valve!!

what other pumps wcleaners use apart the standard Shurflo 100psi ? Yesterday while cleaning trad a bungalow I heard a sound across the road something similar to a jet washer - in fact it was another window with a "super" powerful pole ... My question is how he could achieve that pressure and secondly why would you clean window with such a pressure ?!

Even if I turn the controller to 99 I don't get that pressure and sound lol

No it's a webasto diesel fired water heater that can be used when adding a heat exchanger for hot wfp window cleaning.

All diesel hot window cleaning systems use this type of hot water heater but are hidden from view normaly like ionic use or supplier sell them as an add on in it's own box for stupid money too

No it's a webasto diesel fired water heater that can be used when adding a heat exchanger for hot wfp window cleaning.
All diesel hot window cleaning systems use this type of hot water heater but are hidden from view normaly like ionic use or supplier sell them as an add on in it's own box for stupid money too
i think i will start with buying a tds meter...that sounds like some serious investment...

Don't them hozelock type fittings with the stop in them open up when the male end is pushed in? So surely the flow of water is open when connected to the reel. Just wondering as I have put one on mine and it works. I put it on in case the connection blows off and floods the van when I'm 100 metres away using the pole. :eek:

Yes some stop connectors do work on the opposite flow but they can also restrict the flow of water passing through it. You can get two types one that stop the flow when disconnecting say a spray gun or hose reel. The other type has the stop valve designed to connect to an outside tap.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmmm, yes. I feel that flow is restricted a little but feel vunerable to a flooded van if I leave the reel inside. I am getting small leaks from these connections anyway, so, if I was to order some of the better connections say the Gardiner ones, would you order the ones with a stop in or not if it were you Smurf ? Or anyone Cheers.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Quick-Release-Shut-Off-Coupling-with-12-Hose-Barb-QRM_SO_COUPLING_12.html

or

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Quick-Release-Straight-Through-Coupling-with-8mm-Hose-Barb-QRM_COUPLING_13MM.html

Back