Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No rinsing needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How easy do you want to make the job that your considering cutting corners and do away with rinsing?

I spent 17 years trad(13 years wfp now)I earn between £50-£100 an hour cleaning windows at present.i could never have got anywhere near that hourly rate using a squeegee and ladders.

Some windows only need a quick rinse,others need more as there's loads of bits still on the glass....but they all need at least a little rinsing....
To be fair I say it’s not rinsing but the 2nd scrub is basically rinsing on the glass
31 years in the job now

To be fair I say it’s not rinsing but the 2nd scrub is basically rinsing on the glass
31 years in the job now
Id love to have the ******** to do that way but i just cant bring myself to do it ?. Love to be part of the £500+ a day crew. My over thinking and ocd takes over.

Id love to have the ******** to do that way but i just cant bring myself to do it ?. Love to be part of the £500+ a day crew. My over thinking and ocd takes over.
You have to adjust your technique to do it. You become lazy with your technique when you rinse. You have to have a mindset of rinsing being banned so you have to get the glass clean without rinsing, once you get that into your head you work out how it's possible.

A bit like 100 metre runners. Nobody believes it's possible to run below 9.96 seconds. As soon as someone beats it you get several beating that time. It's all in the mind with most things in life. It's just pushing the boundaries.

Lets see the techniques then lads ?
It's not something I'm willing to share. It's taken me time to perfect it and if everyone did it it would be adding downward pressure on prices. The biggest help I can give you though is that I'm doing it, Dave's doing it and there will be others, so knowing it can be done it's up to you to figure it out.

If you're in an area with lots of fields around or lot's of bird poo and rubbish on the glass then you will need a quick rinse. Certain types of windows you need to rinse, others you don't, you learn as you go.

I have had to learn many techniques since switching to wfp in 2007, and when best to apply them at a glance.
In my experience, no one technique works on all jobs as there are so many variables to take into consideration between them. This also includes the kit we choose to work with. Eg; What works with a long bristled brush may not work with a short bristled brush, what works with soft brush may not work with a stiff one, what works with a swivel adapter may not work with a fixed adapter, etc.
That said, even now occasionally I find I get it wrong on a first clean and have to make adjustments on the second time around. Therefore, I encourage all new customers to communicate with me if they are not happy, because if I can figure out why a method isn't working I can usually correct the problem by altering the method to suit the particular job when given the chance. In the long run it makes me better at my job.

I have had to learn many techniques since switching to wfp in 2007, and when best to apply them at a glance.
In my experience, no one technique works on all jobs as there are so many variables to take into consideration between them. This also includes the kit we choose to work with. Eg; What works with a long bristled brush may not work with a short bristled brush, what works with soft brush may not work with a stiff one, what works with a swivel adapter may not work with a fixed adapter, etc.
That said, even now occasionally I find I get it wrong on a first clean and have to make adjustments on the second time around. Therefore, I encourage all new customers to communicate with me if they are not happy, because if I can figure out why a method isn't working I can usually correct the problem by altering the method to suit the particular job when given the chance. In the long run it makes me better at my job.
I'm exactly the same and it's good to do that as it can only improve your technique. You have to be careful though (as I'm sure you probably are), I basically tell them that a clean will never be 100% perfect but if there are any bits that you think require my attention then please let me know. You need to mention the bit about perfection because otherwise you can get some that keep telling you every little bit that's not perfect and it makes it unworkable.

I actually find the best way to inspect your work is when you do an interior full house clean. I probably only do about 4 per year but you learn lots about problem areas that you can't see from the outside, you can then adjust your technique to correct it from happening.

You have to adjust your technique to do it. You become lazy with your technique when you rinse. You have to have a mindset of rinsing being banned so you have to get the glass clean without rinsing, once you get that into your head you work out how it's possible.

A bit like 100 metre runners. Nobody believes it's possible to run below 9.96 seconds. As soon as someone beats it you get several beating that time. It's all in the mind with most things in life. It's just pushing the boundaries.
Im a bit confused ! this is your post from Feb. 21-2022 ive copypasted it-
“Personally I double rinse minimum on maintenance cleans, by which I mean I'll rinse side to side across the frames and right over the glass as well and on the second rinse I'll focus glass only. “ so….

I'm exactly the same and it's good to do that as it can only improve your technique. You have to be careful though (as I'm sure you probably are), I basically tell them that a clean will never be 100% perfect but if there are any bits that you think require my attention then please let me know. You need to mention the bit about perfection because otherwise you can get some that keep telling you every little bit that's not perfect and it makes it unworkable.

I actually find the best way to inspect your work is when you do an interior full house clean. I probably only do about 4 per year but you learn lots about problem areas that you can't see from the outside, you can then adjust your technique to correct it from happening.
Never be 100% that’s not a very good advert for your services, ime more than confident that we can get perfect results every time or we will re visit and clean again we get about 3-4 calls backs in as many years and trust me we have some super fussy customers

The clean has got to be right otherwise what’s the point in cleaning the windows.I use 4 pencil jets 2mm and get on better then just 2 you can get a good flow on the glass and still be quick but thorough

More and more are going the splash and dash route. A window cleaner recently told me he was looking for customers who were happy with an 80% clean.

makes sense really if you can do £400 quid a day with the odd complaint perhaps you are better off than a guy doing £250 100 percent perfect

makes sense really if you can do £400 quid a day with the odd complaint perhaps you are better off than a guy doing £250 100 percent perfect
Imo it depends on how a complaint affects your reputation. For me, reputation is the most important. If a customer isn't happy, they will leave you at some time when they find another cleaner.
I was brought up in a sales world of exceeding customers expectations. Anything less than that that just goes against my grain.

If I'm doing it traditional il usually say if the windows are ever a mess give me a text, il not be offended and your not putting me out as I'm likely to be within a few streets the next again day or 2, I do say the scrims and rubber can leave the odd mark, My scrims get put in the dry cleaners so they are washed after every use so there not dirty. I don't think the wfp leaves any marks tbh though.

Reputation is the key why chance it for a quick buck I suppose it comes down to your morales I know where I want to be and stay and sleep ? well not having to think how many complaints am I going to get tomorrow.At the end of the day if the job is worth doing it is worth doing at the best of your ability and get recommendations rather then complaints.That’s me not everyone will agree we are all different how we operate our business but it is nice to be known for quality rather then ****

Latest Posts

Back