Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No rinsing needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yogi1872

How many years do you think we are away from someone inventing a tool that works which rinses as you agitate the dirt?. I've no doubt someone somewhere is already trying to achieve this and one day there will be such a tool that exists.

Try it on one of your windows at home clean it as you would go over glass x2 with brush but don't rinse it see results when dried mihht be surprised as window framws maintained wont get muck thats significant be interesting

It's something that if invented would take what you can average an hour probably plus another half to to maybe even 3 quarters of what people can currently do.

Try it on one of your windows at home clean it as you would go over glass x2 with brush but don't rinse it see results when dried mihht be surprised as window framws maintained wont get muck thats significant be interesting

My monthly regular cleans only need to go over them once. Unless there's bird muck on them. Then rinse, taking the rinse away would be a game changer for potential earnings.

Surely what you are describing is the brushes we already use. If your water is running as you scrub/agitate/loosen the dirt it is rinsing at the same time. I mostly rinse on the glass on all my work and one pass usually leaves a pretty good finish for me on maintenance cleans. However, I usually give it a second or third light pass for good measure especially in the summer.
I don't think I could work any faster than I already do, save perhaps cutting the odd conversation I might have with a customer.
I also find that if you work too quickly when people are at home some will query whether you are actually doing the job properly even though you always leave their windows spotless.
I lost a good job recently due to this. A husband, not normally at home, thought I was too quick to have done the job properly so decided to wipe them dry himself and I got the blame for smeary widows when his wife got home. I did eventually get an apology from the wife when she realised what had happened but I didn't get the job back.

After scrubbing the glass you then have to rinse it, I'm meaning a tool that takes away the need to rinse after the scrubbing.

I wouldn't entertain someone saying there not happy as its done to fast, its irrelevant, they have paid to get there windows cleaned, tell them to go amd check if there clean or not, if there not clean that would be the time to say something.

I dropped someone off to clean the sofits of a house before front and back, we done them by hand at the time and he only took enough scrims for one job, the neighbour ended up getting done too, I get a phone call saying your going to have to come and deal with this one isn't paying. When I got their I was told he was there 20 mins and made a big point that he was using dirty scrims. I asked the guy how long he's been standing about for? He said 10 mins, I said I dropped him off 2 hours ago and if your saying he's not been working for 10 mins then then your time frame doesn't add up. After this again it was the dirty scrims. I walked round the property with him and told him any parts of it that he's not happy with can he point them out, he couldn't point anything out but again said but he was doing it with dirty scrims. I said tbh he could do it with a soiled nappy and it shouldn't make any difference to you aslong as its done what you had asked for. Told him to have a look online for a price guide or phone around a few people to get a price then get an average based on that. Told him if what you've paid is over that average then il give you the money back. If not I expect an apology next month for thinking its me doing you here when your going to realise its me doing you the favour. He thought it was to expensive so was looking for reasons to get it down. He apologised the following month saying he basis things still on 20 years ago.

After scrubbing the glass you then have to rinse it, I'm meaning a tool that takes away the need to rinse after the scrubbing.
Stick a rinse bar on your brush and see if that works,

For me, been trad for years before wfp I developed a keen for marks on the glass that sometimes wasn't so easy to spot this has carried on with wfp and unfortunately some jobs require more rinsing for example a window under or close to a garage or porch with old roof felt on loads of bits come of those after some wind and rain but even jobs on new build estates can take a bit longer due those little specks of dirt might only be a few but I always make sure they are rinsed down the glass.

If we believed Richard from Tecbuk years ago, then when buying his Aerial brushes, we only needed one pass and no rinse. ?

Stick a rinse bar on your brush and see if that works,

For me, been trad for years before wfp I developed a keen for marks on the glass that sometimes wasn't so easy to spot this has carried on with wfp and unfortunately some jobs require more rinsing for example a window under or close to a garage or porch with old roof felt on loads of bits come of those after some wind and rain but even jobs on new build estates can take a bit longer due those little specks of dirt might only be a few but I always make sure they are rinsed down the glass.

If it worked everyone would would use it and nothing else, it will eventually come though,

More and more are going the splash and dash route. A window cleaner recently told me he was looking for customers who were happy with an 80% clean.
These types aren't doing us any favours at all,

I had an enquiry at the weekend she said she wasn't happy with the service of her current cleaner and that I'd been highly recommended, I quoted her 50% higher than she had been paying she wasn't expecting my price to be that much higher than her current cleaner so declined my quote

I had an enquiry at the weekend she said she wasn't happy with the service of her current cleaner and that I'd been highly recommended, I quoted her 50% higher than she had been paying she wasn't expecting my price to be that much higher than her current cleaner so declined my quote
We quoted a big office block yesterday, probably 150 yds to walk round it, where you'd need a 35' fully extended to get the 2nd floor and probably a 60' to get the big glass entrance / stairwell. About 12 floor to ceiling glass windows of at least 20 yards, so a lot of glass. Some windows where you'd need to take a full back pack and at least another 25 litres on to a roof, safe roof, to clean some windows you can't see from the floor.
We wanted to be competitive as there are a lot of other buildings, with lots of glass, on the industrial estate, and the Office Manager would probably know most of the other Managers. We reckoned it was 9 man hours in total so quoted £400 for a quarterly wash, considering the height and the difficulty you wouldn't really want to do much afterwards.
The current window cleaners, who hadn't turned up for at least 6 months, were charging £200. We were told that they were more interested in a regular clean than penny pinching so if we could email them the price and also quote them for the internal clean. We emailed them yesterday afternoon and got the reply, "we will let you know" In other words they're going to chase the current unreliable company :ROFLMAO:

The problem is to do the job properly you have to charge accordingly some are prepared to pay others want a cheap job the old adage by cheap buy twice comes to mind ???

If we believed Richard from Tecbuk years ago, then when buying his Aerial brushes, we only needed one pass and no rinse. ?
I work on full flow most of the time with the controller turned off and rarely need to rinse
Scrub once up and down and a quick z shape 2nd scrub leaves all windows spotless on regular cleans
I’ll video it tomorrow if I remember
Rinsing is sometimes redundant
No complaints in 24 months so must work
That’s with phantom sill brush

The problem is to do the job properly you have to charge accordingly some are prepared to pay others want a cheap job the old adage by cheap buy twice comes to mind ???
She fully appreciated what I explained to her as she told me she is self employed herself, her very words were "I also charge what I think I'm worth"

How easy do you want to make the job that your considering cutting corners and do away with rinsing?

I spent 17 years trad(13 years wfp now)I earn between £50-£100 an hour cleaning windows at present.i could never have got anywhere near that hourly rate using a squeegee and ladders.

Some windows only need a quick rinse,others need more as there's loads of bits still on the glass....but they all need at least a little rinsing....

How easy do you want to make the job that your considering cutting corners and do away with rinsing?

I spent 17 years trad(13 years wfp now)I earn between £50-£100 an hour cleaning windows at present.i could never have got anywhere near that hourly rate using a squeegee and ladders.

Some windows only need a quick rinse,others need more as there's loads of bits still on the glass....but they all need at least a little rinsing....

Who's saying anyones considering cutting corners and not rinsing ?.

Latest Posts

Back