No Stamp On Envelope..!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Shine Window Cleaning, Apr 10, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shine Window Cleaning

Shine Window Cleaning Well-Known Member

I've noticed recently that I've had a minority of customers that usually send cheque payment(literally 1/2 but still very frustrating), neglecting to put a stamp on the pre-addressed envelope.

Now petty as this sounds, it results in a major hassle trip to my nearest(out of the way) Post Office and a £1.50 charge.

Now I realise this isn't a vast amount of £££, but when you deduct charge/fuel/time from the cost of the job it becomes a concern.

So with a view of being diplomatic, what's the best way to handle this situation? Politely worded message on next bill adding cost, or politely worded message on next bill excusing this one time?

Any suggestions- i dont want to start losing £££(however small) as I'm still building round and every penny counts, but don't want to lose work through pettiness/mis-understandings?

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

Urmmmm I have never heard of anyone supplying an envelope without stamp lol

3. Shine Window Cleaning

Ive always done this tbh mate. I now try to push more for bank transfers(or cash of course), but there always a minority who prefer to send payment for which I leave a pre-addressed envelope.

4. mark m

mark m Hero

very true you should put a stamp on a envelope ,Why don't you get a website most of my customers pay on that now I only get a few cheques

5. HotWash Window Cleaners

Put a stamp on it, surely it's got to be cheaper!
    I wouldn't dream of putting an unstamped envelope through someones door for payment.

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Picture this.

Just finished cleaning a lovely 750k house.

Customer pops out and says she will send a send a cheque. The bill is £125 as was in and out.

And I ain't gonna supply a 50p stamp??!!!

LMAO

7. HotWash Window Cleaners

I get mine at the cash and carry 60 at a time, when your saving on the collection anyway surely it's got to be cheaper than the fuel and time so 60p of stamp on the conqueror metallic envelopes got to be worth it.

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

on jobs like that damo it is worth it, but i use to supply stamps, then custy would pay online, i am considering moving to cash on day or online only, if custy cant do that, then pass them on to a other cleaners

9. Shine Window Cleaning

Of course it would be mate, but that same principle doesn't apply to say a £10/£12 house. I deliberately don't often collect (as I'm training my customers to forward/send payment), and just feel that the cost of a stamp/envelope although small de-ducts from the price of the job you've just done(especially if the customer still doesn't send on time or decides to do bank transfer).

I may have to either re-think the wording on my calling slip, or factor ££ into the job me finks.

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I always put a stamp on sae's. I also put the custys address on the back when I push it through the letter box, so I know who the cheque is off when it arrives. Also sometimes the stamp doesn't get franked, so you can use it for the next time you're at that particular house ;

Advertisement