Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Simple software for managing rounds

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James102

Hi guys I'm usually just doing pen and paper I don't get on with CP SQUEEGEE OR AWORKA does anyone have any recommendations for just a simple work organiser I just need it to re gen the work aka every 4 weeks 6 weeks 8bweeks ect no need for anything fancy just something simple and reliable thanks

Hi guys I'm usually just doing pen and paper I don't get on with CP SQUEEGEE OR AWORKA does anyone have any recommendations for just a simple work organiser I just need it to re gen the work aka every 4 weeks 6 weeks 8bweeks ect no need for anything fancy just something simple and reliable thanks
Google sheets for me, appreciate its probably not what you want

Sheets for me also but I am very good with formulas so always organised with next due dates and owing etc and a summary sheet which includes the annual tax threshold, class 2 and 4 nic’s and expenses etc so I know exactly what to put away for tax etc
Never needed to use anything else
Tried squeegee and it is great if you need it but apart from texting it can’t do anything my sheets can’t do
Plus I copy my work onto another sheet for hmrc so every week is seperate and ready for hmrc if needed
Also there is nothing you want it to do that you can’t google and find a way to do
I have an nvq in excel, word and access which works exactly the same so have a bit of an advantage and have all my customers on access also so can send bulk messages etc

On sheets you just need 2 columns after the obvious addresses and price etc
Date due and date done
Make a formula so the date done column adds however many days and then date due shows that like I do 6 weekly so 42 days so formula is =a1 (column with date done in) + 42 (the amount of days in 6 weeks)
As long as the columns are formatted to date it will automatically put the next due date in
Once you get to the end of the list put a filter on it and you will have it all in order of dates for next time it’s due
Just need to drag and drop each day into the order you want

I just use the calendar app that was pre installed on my phone. I can add the customer name, address (which works with Google Maps), frequency, price and a reminder.
Is it worth it doing it that way is simple and reliable can you back it up incase you loose your phone ect I just tried 8t and it works every 4 weeks or whatever I set it but it makes every so many weeks on that exact day

You can't get much simpler than cleaner planner!it's fantastic!easy for doing your own self assessment tax return too....

Why would you?cleaner planner,aworka or squeegee are far better for organising your round,keeping records of turnover,expenses,debts,etc....

What is your problem with these apps specifically made for running window cleaning businesses?they are simple and straightforward once your used to them....

Why would you?cleaner planner,aworka or squeegee are far better for organising your round,keeping records of turnover,expenses,debts,etc....

What is your problem with these apps specifically made for running window cleaning businesses?they are simple and straightforward once your used to them....
I'm not very good a tech I only use a dairy with pen and paper so I thought it be easier to do it with Google calender instead of re weighting every customer each month it would just regen

Is it worth it doing it that way is simple and reliable can you back it up incase you loose your phone ect I just tried 8t and it works every 4 weeks or whatever I set it but it makes every so many weeks on that exact day
For my calendar app (and I'm sure it's the same for most) you have to sign in with an email account, so there's no danger of losing my data. I set a frequency of every 4 or 8 weeks, but if I wanted to I could set a frequency of the second Monday of every month, for example.

For my calendar app (and I'm sure it's the same for most) you have to sign in with an email account, so there's no danger of losing my data. I set a frequency of every 4 or 8 weeks, but if I wanted to I could set a frequency of the second Monday of every month, for example.
Ye I do believe I'll be going down this route as I don't have a huge round how do I go about marking as paid or if its rain day ect

Would it do it automatically or ? How do I mark them as done do I create tasks or events ? I do apologise for all the questions
I've got quite a big round (4 days of work each week), but I just rely on my memory for this sort of thing, as I have a good memory. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but you'll be surprised how much you can remember of what was done, who's paid, etc.

I've got quite a big round (4 days of work each week), but I just rely on my memory for this sort of thing, as I have a good memory. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but you'll be surprised how much you can remember of what was done, who's paid, etc.
Oh I do cash and online I guess I could get a separate book for payments

So with actually creating the jobs in the calendar do you create it as a task or and event?

How on earth can you rely on memory with 4 days work every week?

How do you keep track of all your jobs,turnover,expenses,debts,etc?

What about bookkeeping for self assessment and/or your accountant?

So when investigated do you post yourself to hmrc office to be looked at??

Latest Posts

Back