Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Easiest round software

WCF

Help Support WCF:

3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:
The tokens are great! It means each customers gets a message with their name, and when it’s a ‘your windows have been cleaned’ or ‘you still owe me money’ it can tell them exactly what they owe.

Squeegee doesn’t have a ‘schedule message’ option but that is a good idea. Suggest it to them! But it does have a quick one button press to message all customers on a given day. So tonight around 6 I’ll open the app, select tomorrow & then press ‘sms reminders’. Couple of buttons & it’s done!

Skitch Image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The tokens are great! It means each customers gets a message with their name, and when it’s a ‘your windows have been cleaned’ or ‘you still owe me money’ it can tell them exactly what they owe.

Squeegee doesn’t have a ‘schedule message’ option but that is a good idea. Suggest it to them! But it does have a quick one button press to message all customers on a given day. So tonight around 6 I’ll open the app, select tomorrow & then press ‘sms reminders’. Couple of buttons & it’s done!

View attachment 26082
Thanks for this, I don't have the sms option, most likely because I've not got things set up properly, also are the texts you send using your mobile allowance so therefore free?

I've not managed to find just how to compose a text exactly as I would like and no idea how to use or assign tokens which is my current stumbling block with the texts 

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 26082
The text all a days jobs I assume uses the paid for texts? Any ideas how many you have to buy and how long before they expire?

I assume the texts can use tokens?

Thanks for this, I don't have the sms option, most likely because I've not got things set up properly, also are the texts you send using your mobile allowance so therefore free?

I've not managed to find just how to compose a text exactly as I would like and no idea how to use or assign tokens which is my current stumbling block with the texts 
Just had a quick look and if you go to settings menu then notifications and messages the list of types of messages is there. As for the tokens it's simply a case of either typing the token as it's written at the top list of what is available or copying a token.

ie. Hi [title] [lastname], your outstanding balance is [balance] . Please make payment asap. Your next clean is due approximately on [nextDate].

Hope that helps.

I haven't paid for the inbuilt texts as I don't think it can use your sims 'free' texts - I don't think any of the apps can for some reason - I think it's Android and Apply security to stop 3rd party apps sending random texts. If anyone knows how to use your sim cards text allowance let me know.

As I don't have many customers I just have a notepad file with my standard text messages in and copy and paste that to the next days custys. When I get more customers I will probably pay for the texts to make that more automated but I do like the idea of a scheduled text getting sent out on CP.

I haven't paid for the inbuilt texts as I don't think it can use your sims 'free' texts - I don't think any of the apps can for some reason - I think it's Android and Apply security to stop 3rd party apps sending random texts. If anyone knows how to use your sim cards text allowance let me know.
Unfortunately not anymore. It was set up like that but Apple (& Google to follow) have changed the permissions available to the apps & no longer allow it, at least not in bulk. I’ve now switched to the paid messages. It’s 3.6p per message. To be honest, though, I’m enjoying how quick & integrated it is, all be it obviously costing me more to use it. 

The text all a days jobs I assume uses the paid for texts? Any ideas how many you have to buy and how long before they expire?

I assume the texts can use tokens?
Minimum is 100 & they don’t expire as far as I’m aware. Price stays the same weather you buy 100 or 1000, though. 

Unfortunately not anymore. It was set up like that but Apple (& Google to follow) have changed the permissions available to the apps & no longer allow it, at least not in bulk. I’ve now switched to the paid messages. It’s 3.6p per message. To be honest, though, I’m enjoying how quick & integrated it is, all be it obviously costing me more to use it. 

Minimum is 100 & they don’t expire as far as I’m aware. Price stays the same weather you buy 100 or 1000, though. 
Thanks for this, can you create new tokens for a text? as my usual texts are as follows 

I will call and clean your windows tomorrow please ensure gates are Unlocked & Unbolted 

Thanks I.G 

Thanks for this, can you create new tokens for a text? as my usual texts are as follows 

I will call and clean your windows tomorrow please ensure gates are Unlocked & Unbolted 

Thanks I.G 
You only need the tokens for info that is about the customer or the job. i.e. you don't have to use tokens at all if you just want the text to say 'I will call and clean your windows tomorrow please ensure gates are Unlocked & Unbolted' then that's exactly what you put. If you want to personalise it then you can add a token i.e. Hi  [firstname], I will call and clean your windows tomorrow please ensure gates are Unlocked & Unbolted. Then when you send that message to the customer Squeegee replaces the token ([firstname]) with the appropriate customers first name. 

You don't have to use tokens at all, they are there if you want to add automatic personalisation.

I use one with my bank details i.e. I list account name, account number, sort code, and then have 'ref' [customerAddress] so when the customer receives the message their address is in the bit next to ref. That way hopefully when they setup a BACS payment their address is in the ref field as opposed to 'window cleaner' etc... 

You only need the tokens for info that is about the customer or the job. i.e. you don't have to use tokens at all if you just want the text to say 'I will call and clean your windows tomorrow please ensure gates are Unlocked & Unbolted' then that's exactly what you put. If you want to personalise it then you can add a token i.e. Hi  [firstname], I will call and clean your windows tomorrow please ensure gates are Unlocked & Unbolted. Then when you send that message to the customer Squeegee replaces the token ([firstname]) with the appropriate customers first name. 

You don't have to use tokens at all, they are there if you want to add automatic personalisation.

I use one with my bank details i.e. I list account name, account number, sort code, and then have 'ref' [customerAddress] so when the customer receives the message their address is in the bit next to ref. That way hopefully when they setup a BACS payment their address is in the ref field as opposed to 'window cleaner' etc... 
if you are correct on this, thanks very much only took 3 years for someone to tell me this  :banghead3:

if you are correct on this, thanks very much only took 3 years for someone to tell me this  :banghead3:
You can just type exactly what you want the text or emails to be no need for tokens unless you want to use them.

Tokens are just a way of automatically adding customer data to the text or email. Be that their name, address, invoice, balance, job price, next clean date etc. No need to use them if you don't want.

I would say that all she really needs to do is view invoices so she knows who has paid and who hasn't vs you bank account. Don't you send emails as soon as you have finished the job? As for organising work is that just for addons as Squeegee isn't bad at organising your work.

Last time I looked at Awoka it was mainly pc based with a very poor mobile viewable version so I would stay away from that. 

I think CleanerPlanner has a free trial you could give a go. 

I sort of agree that Squeegee is a bit clunky, when you mark a job as done, then have to find invoice tab then send - can't do auto send as if the custy has paid the invoice text doesn't make sense ( maybe that's something I should fix in my text?). Same as from the jobs sections (day, work, multi planner) to then navigate to invoices you have to do some scolling - ok no great difficulty - the quotes and invoicing need to be closer to the top.

If you are not full with custy is marketing something she could do? Be that social media or maybe even telesales for commercial jobs?
i think if you go into the customers tab and then edit, go down to invoices and then it gives the option to automatically send invoices, click that and then once you've click the job as done it will send an invoice i have two customers who i do that to, the rest i do it via invoices then email invoice etc, squeegee is as full or as empty as you want it to be either full on geeky or as simple to use to suit your needs, when i first used it i had a major fall out with them as the stystem was so confusing to use for me but once, i got used to not using some of the features of the app the more i liked it. @RyeCleanLiamis a better one to ask as he's more savvy with squeegee than me

Kevin is right, it doesn't have to be overly complicated. And Ched is right you don't need to use the token on the texts at all. They just help if you want them. What I always suggest to anyone is set yourself up as a customer, and test every single feature on yourself. Send yourself texts, invoices etc etc. You will quickly learn how it works, what you'd like to change, and how it looks from a customer point of view.

Back