No Van No Work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Apr 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Cam belt went on my van today so no work for me until I either get it fixed or scrap it and get another van.

Shite happens :D

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

that really is shite too ...i just went to pick the wife up in all my hobo clothes not had a shower/shave...and the thought did occur to me...what if i had a breakdown/accident...i do hope you sort something soon ...your going to need a pretty penny to fix that for sure....:( you should put that on a t shirt...**** happens...
    okay forrest gump..

3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

your van is your main aset if it breaks down your in **** creek

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Cheers cheapncheerful
    It's more of an inconvenience to be honest as now I have to mess customers about that I hate doing until I get sorted out with transport. I don’t really want to hire a van to tide me over either as that’s just dead money that could be used to go towards another van if need be.
    The good news is I’m looking forward to the unaspected break from work now

Yep I've read the book and got the t-shirt too so has this chap apparently.:D

Zoo keeper Friedrich Riesfeldt (Paderborn, Germany) fed his constipated elephant 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally got relief. Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich, 46, was attempting to give the ailing elephant an olive oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded. The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected defecation knocked Mr. Riesfeldt to the ground where he struck his head on a rock as the elephant continued to evacuate 200 pounds of dung on top of him. It seems to be just one of those freak accidents that proves... "**** happens"

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No shite sherlock :rofl:

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

hope your up and running soon smurf

7. cheapncheerful

i am so worried every mot time ...now over thankgod...anyway no doubt you have the dreaded paperwork to do:( better news soon hopefully....

reminds me when my car was in for its mot...someone up the road had to phone with the money sat waiting under a plant pot and her out of my way i had to get there but no car....so i took my loft ladder and borrowed the wifes car...no roof rack but it fitted inside....yes not my finest hour....the loft ladder was pretty crappy and not quite big enough....but got there in the end.... i defo know you wouldnt approve.....but now am older and wiser...hopefully and always listen to the papa smurf:)

8. JJ Window Cleaners

Grab the ol' push bike and hit the tarmac :D but joking aside, hope you get it sorted soon. Definitely a right pain in the ass.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Not good papa. I dread what the Mrs said, especially after buying another trailer :confused:. How much is the van worth? If you decide to get another van, get a Dispatch as you'll get your gear in comfortably.

There are other alternatives *;)*

10. seye

seye Forum Addict

Thats one of those one that gets you too gutted to get upset over if you know what I mean, hope you get sorted soon with out too much stress. A new van is going to have to be the focus for me this year as my wheels only scraped and I mean a scraped by a hair through its M.O.T. in Feb.

Advertisement