Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

"not this time please"

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I used to text everyone and that was a usp in this area

Now i don't see the need to as most customers know me now

I only text access issues ( through the house or locked gate)

Everyone else i just turn up

90% of my customers are working when i clean anyway so makes no difference to them if i text or not

About 80% of my customers pay online also so i don't have issues with collecting money

I'm only owed about £350 at the moment as i clean and within the next couple of days i am paid

I did 2 today which i was paid for the other day by standing order and i clean at the end of the month

im owed about 200.

its nearly always the same ones that straggle, some customer you have to hound them into paying.

keep sending the same message "hi can you please forward payment for your last window clean - thanks"

when i really want to put "are you going to pay up you fat **** or what? im getting sick to ******* death of reminding you"

im owed about 200.
its nearly always the same ones that straggle, some customer you have to hound them into paying.

keep sending the same message "hi can you please forward payment for your last window clean - thanks"

when i really want to put "are you going to pay up you fat **** or what? im getting sick to ******* death of reminding you"
Haha I have the same thing with about 10-15 customers of mine. Repeat offenders. "FFS you have an app for Internet banking with my details stored. It takes about 8 seconds from log in to pay so I need at absolute most, 30 seconds of your time, yet you haven't found that in 2 weeks??" Winds me right up. Yet if I owed them a £1 in change next month they'd make sure I remembered /emoticons/laugh.png

When I collect in person I knock and when door is opened I've only ever said, "Hi, window cleaner." So when I text people to remind them to pay that is usually also brief. Usually along the lines of, "Hi Mr/Mrs....... Reminder. Windows cleaned (date) (amount) as yet remains unpaid." I do this every two to three days until it's paid. Then it's "Received. Many thanks"

People see a text and think 'I'll sort that when I get home,' then immediately forget.

I tell them at the start to expect the text reminders just as if I was calling back to collect. It is what it is. A reminder. It's not intended to annoy.

So far no complaints.

As for the 'not today' types if they can't treat me seriously then I don't treat them seriously. I've got one at the moment. I've stopped phoning ahead now. I wait for her to call me. Then it's a one off price. She usually says "you haven't been round in ages." To which I reply "that's because you keep cancelling every time I call"

When I collect in person I knock and when door is opened I've only ever said, "Hi, window cleaner." So when I text people to remind them to pay that is usually also brief. Usually along the lines of, "Hi Mr/Mrs....... Reminder. Windows cleaned (date) (amount) as yet remains unpaid." I do this every two to three days until it's paid. Then it's "Received. Many thanks"People see a text and think 'I'll sort that when I get home,' then immediately forget.

I tell them at the start to expect the text reminders just as if I was calling back to collect. It is what it is. A reminder. It's not intended to annoy.

So far no complaints.

As for the 'not today' types if they can't treat me seriously then I don't treat them seriously. I've got one at the moment. I've stopped phoning ahead now. I wait for her to call me. Then it's a one off price. She usually says "you haven't been round in ages." To which I reply "that's because you keep cancelling every time I call"
Yeah those "I'll call you when I need it done" types who agree a price then expect it to be that whether it's a month or six get notified it's going to be more when I eventually get there. I treat them like time wasters though so they'll get done when I've got time, not when they decide.

Yeah those "I'll call you when I need it done" types who agree a price then expect it to be that whether it's a month or six get notified it's going to be more when I eventually get there. I treat them like time wasters though so they'll get done when I've got time, not when they decide.
Still handy to have them tho, can pack out a quiet day

Just had a load of work canvassed so I'm going to be putting together an information/intro letter tonight that ls going to be given to all custys. Everything from payments to rain etc. Make it clear how I work from the start

I canvassed the area last month, did the first cleans a week later and texted everyone last night as they were due for the next clean today. to clear things up for you green. I always give prices based on a monthly, bi monthly and one off clean when I canvassed so they don't have an excuse really
one off clean is a dirty word, terminate it from you vocabulary. This is what is causing you the problems.

You want regular customers monthy or bi monthly at worst.

or if you want to do them you must go in real heavy.

You can not run a business smoothly without calling or texting it makes payment and access easier if people are making excuses they are tryingto get out of having them done bin them as this will not stop.

Back