Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not using ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The other day i was walking down a high street and i see someone climb from one balcony to another 3 floors up, hanging on to the trellis as she got from one side to the other, just to get a sausage off the neighbours bbq.

Dont think a bit of ladder work would faze her.

I used ladders for 24 years and quite enjoyed the challenge of reaching those few awkward to reach windows for most of that time. Then I made that one error of judgement whilst working from height that cost me two lots of surgery, nearly two years off work and a lot of pain, and I will be paying for it until my old age due to ongoing complications. And what for? Simply cleaning windows!

I am very grateful for WFP coming along when it did as it allowed me to carry on in a job I enjoy doing, but I do wish I'd gotten into it out of choice rather than necessity.

All you guys out there still climbing ladders to clean windows, take great care. Think of your health and your families

Last edited by a moderator:
Went up ladders for 18 years but the last few years refused to walk on roofs, I had some windows fitted last week gaffer said he can't believe ladders aren't banned I agree.

Alot of houses are a nightmare to get to the roofline theirs definitely a need for better access equipment.
its called a 25ft xtreme pole and brush!i can reach 99% of awkward windows deep over conservatories/extensions/flat roofs at all sorts of angles too without getting my ladders off or causing me too much strain.....

Back