Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New battery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Paddy McNally

Looking at getting a bigger battery 12 v 105 A it’s double the size of the other one will it be ok on the pump ect? Thanks

ea76ebec1bb3c46e28c5655b012e3e1c.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Would the bigger battery not last longer on the job 2 man setup and electric reels I’ve no idea when it comes to battery’s the last one was running down very quick

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Yes it would last longer than a smaller starter battery because its has a bigger capacity.

There are numerous window cleaners who are quite happy with using starter batteries so I'm sure it will do a satisfactory job. Its just rather expensive when you consider the delivery charge as per Tayna website.

If you buy it on the internet, how will you get any action on the warranty if you need to?

The specs tell you it has good deep cycle capacity, but I can't see any figures to back it up.

Numax is starting to do dual purpose leisure batteries. Take for example the cxv31mf which is 110 amp and a CCA of 800. They say it is good for 500 cycles, but again they don't tell you what they specify as a deep cycle.

Over the years we have had good service from Numax batteries even although they refuse warranty on batteries used by window cleaners.

What ever battery you go for, these need to be fully recharged regularily. With your demands of pumps and electric reels at least every few days even if you have a scr and do a reasonable daily mileage.

Yeah I’ve never charged the battery I just get a new one every year b4 winter. no warranty with it because I’m a window cleaner, thanks spruce for the info I’ll go ahead with it so

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Yeah I’ve never charged the battery I just get a new one every year b4 winter. no warranty with it because I’m a window cleaner, thanks spruce for the info I’ll go ahead with it so

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It will be interesting to see how you get on with it in the future. I was tempted to go down a similar route last battery charge. I was looking at Banner batteries, but eventually opted for the safest route that I knew.

The problem we have as window cleaners is that our power demands are half way in between a leisure battery and a starter battery.

If you run a single powered hose reel your auxillary battery needs to be able to supple a current of about 25 amps, albeit for a short period of time. If both of you decide to reel your hoses in together there is 50 amps. Thats way ahead of what a leisure battery will provide without it being damaged.

Traction batteries (Trojan) are more what we want but they are heavy, expensive and as they are 6v we would need 2 of them to make 12v. But they are excellent dual purpose batteries.

We have to thank the caravan market now as caravan mowers are getting more popular and they draw current from the caravans leisure batteries. So its about time that we started to see dual purpose batteries on a bigger scale. So any leisure battery that also quotes a CCA value will be a dual purpose battery.

Back