Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

On demand trolleys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

HI again guys

re trolley systems still - I have seen some basic trolleys with a pump and resin bottle attached that says can fill up on site instead of having to take loads of containers with you, are these anygood and how fast would the water come through etc, seen this one on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mean-Green-Cleaning-Machine-Water-Fed-Pole-Trolley-with-DI-container-/231480606003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e551bd33

Also im in a soft water area I believe? south Yorkshire S70 6SY will this effect what equipment I need in anyway?

as said before im on a water meter and no storage or garage at home so really looking for an on demand system but im not very practical person so wouldn't want to make my own up although thanks for advice on this from smurf recently but would rather buy one from a professional etc, any recommendations ??? also seen this one below?

http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/new-water-genie-mobile-ro-system-twin-20-hf4-membranes-4585-p.asp

Appreciate as much help and advice as possible again and any recommndations on an on demand trolley system best for me in soft water area?? wanting one with a pump and good quality etc... thanks guys

Paul

Barnsley

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Jesus Christ they are expensive!!!!!!

If I was you I'd just make one the ones in the pic are basically sack barrows with a vessel on charging ridiculous money!

I'd make your own and save more than half if not more

All you need is a foldable sack truck

Di vessel

Pump,battery and controller

Few bits wire

Then go to a local hand car wash and they should give you some empty containers if you ask nice.

Like smurf said local car wash will give u as many as you want they struggle to dispose of them!!

Cleaning spot do a smart pump battery box same as the ones on the Ashbys stream box and u get 10 percent discount

Il post some pics tomo off my barrels from local car wash like new bit off rinse clean and company logo on num on and caution trip hazard signs on so I sometimes use as caution signs

You may wish to check your tap TDS mate, I'm from Barnsley myself (another tarn lad if tha gets mi drift) although I've been living in Scotland for the last decade or so. The last time I checked my Mother's water at Gawber it was over 200 ppm if my memory serves me correctly.

Looks like somebody's been looking on the forums and decided to try and make a few quid :rolleyes: I suppose you can't stop people trying to make some cash.

I will be making another DIY Trolley over the next couple of weeks with shurfo pump, spring controller, reel etc.

will post a step by step how I make it for anyone interested in DIY section.

HI again guys
re trolley systems still - I have seen some basic trolleys with a pump and resin bottle attached that says can fill up on site instead of having to take loads of containers with you, are these anygood and how fast would the water come through etc, seen this one on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mean-Green-Cleaning-Machine-Water-Fed-Pole-Trolley-with-DI-container-/231480606003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e551bd33

Also im in a soft water area I believe? south Yorkshire S70 6SY will this effect what equipment I need in anyway?

as said before im on a water meter and no storage or garage at home so really looking for an on demand system but im not very practical person so wouldn't want to make my own up although thanks for advice on this from smurf recently but would rather buy one from a professional etc, any recommendations ??? also seen this one below?

http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/new-water-genie-mobile-ro-system-twin-20-hf4-membranes-4585-p.asp

Appreciate as much help and advice as possible again and any recommndations on an on demand trolley system best for me in soft water area?? wanting one with a pump and good quality etc... thanks guys

Paul

Barnsley
Im paul barnes

Just wanted to add that :sad:

I would recomend making one like i did as its a lot cheaper, i can build one for £80. You will find it hard to keep filling up on jobs as not wveryone will have a tap, and not everyone will have a tds below 100.

But i cn see it working once u have planned it out and u know where to refill. Refilling will also slow u down, but maybe equal in time as going back to vehicle and replacing. Pros and cons i guess. But con pauing £500

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Im paul barnes
Just wanted to add that :sad:

I would recomend making one like i did as its a lot cheaper, i can build one for £80. You will find it hard to keep filling up on jobs as not wveryone will have a tap, and not everyone will have a tds below 100.

But i cn see it working once u have planned it out and u know where to refill. Refilling will also slow u down, but maybe equal in time as going back to vehicle and replacing. Pros and cons i guess. But con pauing £500

Thanks again everyone, appreciated... all new to me this and just not sure what route to go for and what equipment, seems like a minefield at the moment although have decided on gardiner poles and brushes, something I suppose lol, thanks...

Get a gardener backpack to start I have a van mount as well but the back pack is valueble piece of kit some drums from car wash for free.if u don't want drums get a tank in back with nozzle to kick fill back pack

First thing to order is a portable TDS metre and not a dodgy cheap one from fleebay then let us know what your tap water reading is so we can give you better advice on what you need to get.

HM Digital TDS-3 Handheld Meter With Carrying Case Price - £12.60 (£15.12 including vat and delivery)

http://www.daqua.co.uk/testmeters.htm

Thanks again everyone, appreciated... all new to me this and just not sure what route to go for and what equipment, seems like a minefield at the moment although have decided on gardiner poles and brushes, something I suppose lol, thanks...

PS Smurf or anyone re poles again I am going to get a gardiner do you think I should go for a SLX 25 or SLX 30 planning on doing mainly standard homes I think? and there are different options for the pole when ordering e.g gooseneck, fan jets, connector type... what should I go for here ? wanting best quality and reliability etc etc?

thank you

I use a clx 18 and can do all my standard houses with it, it reaches all 1st floor windows and above every conny ive tried, wont reach 2nd floor but thats never seemed to have been a problem in regards to retaining customers, slx will be lighter but im not sure how much, i know it says on the gardiner website in that chart.

I think if u get the 18, u can always get an additional section if u need it longer

Back