Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP when living in a flat with no outside tap.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/new-water-genie-mobile-ro-system-twin-20-hf4-membranes-4585-p.asp

I would like to know what spec 12v booster pump they are using and what battery.

A 5lpm Shurflo 100psi pump will not produce 5lpm of water flow. At 50psi my 4040 uses about 4.5lpm of water to process water into my storage tank. I would really like to see that working.

Our Shurflo 5.2lpm pumps on the van draws about 4.5amps an hour each. Battery size is going to be important doing a days work.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/new-water-genie-mobile-ro-system-twin-20-hf4-membranes-4585-p.asp

I would like to know what spec 12v booster pump they are using and what battery.

A 5lpm Shurflo 100psi pump will not produce 5lpm of water flow. At 50psi my 4040 uses about 4.5lpm of water to process water into my storage tank. I would really like to see that working.

Our Shurflo 5.2lpm pumps on the van draw about 4.5amps an hour each. Battery size is going to be important doing a days work.
I've just sent a message to find out some more details about the system, the gent was really helpful when chasing down info about my ladders so I'm hopeful for some good response. 

I’m in Stoke Mandeville, my nearest Spotless is in Hemel. They keep talking about a depot in Wycombe which would be good for you, but no indication yet when that might happen. Good luck with it all.

I’m in Stoke Mandeville, my nearest Spotless is in Hemel. They keep talking about a depot in Wycombe which would be good for you, but no indication yet when that might happen. Good luck with it all.
Yes mate Wycombe would be spot on. I might get in touch and see if they have an ETA. 

Thank you for the well wishes ?

If it’s a ground floor flat I would just put the hose out of the window or fit an outside tape on the wall it’s not expensive to do .  
I definitely can't fit an outside tap to a building I don't own. I've spoken to the agent and they don't want any 'permanent changes' to the building. 

Through the window might be one of the few plausible options. 

This is turning into a quite indepth and interesting post which will be of use to many new starters that live in flats 
I agree I don’t know if you can remember but I posted not long ago about having a problem with my tap being at the front of my property and producing pure water but if it’s possible to produce from a flat some how I’ve got no worries! ?I’m not a new starter but used to get my water from the guy I rented my round off and need to start making my own at home or in van ro system 

i live in a first floor flat...i run a hose down the stairs from my bath tap,put my front door on the chain,straight into DI and into my van tank,takes 30 mins to purify 500L for my next days work,i then put an extension lead through my letterbox and into van to charge my batteries overnight(i can park right outside my front door)....

ive purified my water like this for 11 years(my tap TDS is only 024 though)

Latest Posts

Back