Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP Realistic With A Small Car?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Fellas. Haven't posted in quite a while though I have a quick read every so often.
If it's of any interest I'm still running my Primera with the exact same setup as described in my OP with pictures. The car is now 23 yrs old and still serves me well. My work is still very local to where I live so do very low miles. If I worked further afield I would probably get a small van but as the car still serves me well I'll keep using it.
The only problem I've had recently is that my last insurer who I was with for many years recently decided not to insure my car for window cleaning use because I use the 'Pole system.' They knew I was using it previously but have decided that it is no longer something they will insure. So I have had to change insures which has come at a substantial extra cost.

Hi Fellas. Haven't posted in quite a while though I have a quick read every so often.
If it's of any interest I'm still running my Primera with the exact same setup as described in my OP with pictures. The car is now 23 yrs old and still serves me well. My work is still very local to where I live so do very low miles. If I worked further afield I would probably get a small van but as the car still serves me well I'll keep using it.
The only problem I've had recently is that my last insurer who I was with for many years recently decided not to insure my car for window cleaning use because I use the 'Pole system.' They knew I was using it previously but have decided that it is no longer something they will insure. So I have had to change insures which has come at a substantial extra cost.
Insurance companies are good at doing this. If they managed to filter out every insurance risk, they would make a fortune.
It would be interesting to see what they would do if you just towed a small trailer with your plastic water containers in that.

I am currently running out of my car. I don’t have kids so don’t need the back seat space. I have a 175l tank, 7l Di vessel, pump and battery.

pole sits on top the tank bungied to the belt buckle. Hose reel sits in front the tank on the back of the dropped seat.

I get on fine with this. And weight isn’t and issue as a full tank is equivalent to 2 13 stone blokes. Well within weight limit
How did you deal with the condensation I've tried that but seats are soaked and having to de ice windows on the inside any help would be great

How did you deal with the condensation I've tried that but seats are soaked and having to de ice windows on the inside any help would be great
The way to stop condensation is to keep the car dry.

I have a van and still have the odd time with condensation on the roof. We shake the brush dry and drain the pole hose each time we pack away. Someone came up with the idea of covering the brush head with a ladies shower cap to catch any moisture.
Make sure each container has a lid that seals properly, and only decant water into your backpack or trolley outside the car. Stand the backpack and containers on a towel as they always seem to get wet underneath. Remove the towel at the end of the day.

Keep the car vents drawing air from the outside when driving. Internal air circulation will warm the car up quicker, but also distributes moist air throughout the car. Dry the seats out. If you can leave the car windows open enough for the interior to breath on dry days.

The car's heating matrix does have an inbuilt drain to channel water away out of the incoming air. At the end of this drain is usually a bulbous fitting which lets water drip out but prevents air from being sucked up. Sometimes those bulbs get full of dirt and block up.

The way to stop condensation is to keep the car dry.

I have a van and still have the odd time with condensation on the roof. We shake the brush dry and drain the pole hose each time we pack away. Someone came up with the idea of covering the brush head with a ladies shower cap to catch any moisture.
Make sure each container has a lid that seals properly, and only decant water into your backpack or trolley outside the car. Stand the backpack and containers on a towel as they always seem to get wet underneath. Remove the towel at the end of the day.

Keep the car vents drawing air from the outside when driving. Internal air circulation will warm the car up quicker, but also distributes moist air throughout the car. Dry the seats out. If you can leave the car windows open enough for the interior to breath on dry days.

The car's heating matrix does have an inbuilt drain to channel water away out of the incoming air. At the end of this drain is usually a bulbous fitting which lets water drip out but prevents air from being sucked up. Sometimes those bulbs get full of dirt and block up.
I'm using a 85 litre water tank and filling it up with a load of 25 litre water barrels as and when I need it I will try your suggestions regardless thanks

Back