Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Our most active visiting countries this month!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

what i and others want to know....and i guess you answered is ...how long it takes...yawn.....still it could be worth a look as an extra service but....i kinda think the money against the cost of replacement may not work out...

yeh when i looked into it on the net they mentioned half an hour and i kinda nodded off..:eek:..thats a lotta rubbing...:rolleyes:

seen some great scratches recently...if only people realised how hard it is to remove them.....that naughty vicar customer of mine ...he made a right old mess...i can probably rescue the pvc sills but the bird muck he removed ....hmmmmm

and of course ...i am not perfect...i picked up my yard broom to shift the snow of my car windscreen a few years back....tut tut...should know better....:iaminnocent:

what i and others want to know....and i guess you answered is ...how long it takes...yawn.....still it could be worth a look as an extra service but....i kinda think the money against the cost of replacement may not work out...
yeh when i looked into it on the net they mentioned half an hour and i kinda nodded off..:eek:..thats a lotta rubbing...:rolleyes:

seen some great scratches recently...if only people realised how hard it is to remove them.....that naughty vicar customer of mine ...he made a right old mess...i can probably rescue the pvc sills but the bird muck he removed ....hmmmmm

and of course ...i am not perfect...i picked up my yard broom to shift the snow of my car windscreen a few years back....tut tut...should know better....:iaminnocent:
Half an hour?! I wish! Did a job at the weekend - took me over 8 hours to do 2 panes.

Ok, just to clarify - I'm talking about commercial glass (toughened, laminated, 6mm+ etc.) rather than small, thin panes in residential properties where the cost of replacement may be equal to the cost of repair.

Nobodys perfect cnc, but that's just daft! /emoticons/wink.png

ahhh with you now declan.mc...best not scratch it in the first place guys....!!!!!!!!!!!

its easy done....seen many in my time...especially remember the one young lady who leaned out to remove bird muck with her kitchen green scrubber....:eek::eek::eek:...it was a lovely view from her second floor kitchen....

:itwasntme:

so to sum up declan....its not so easy to remove scratches so dont scratch.....:iagree:

Haha, yes, they can be quite dirty. I think it's a mindset thing - people just don't seem to want them done more often. The most frequent I've ever seen is a customer wanting them cleaned every 3 months.
I see you're a home brewer? That's something I'd like to get into - tried making cider once but it was borderline vinegar....
Yes, I make plenty of different brews declen....fruit wines, nettle beer and lots of different ales. The ales are made from kits which are pretty sophisticated nowadays.....superb tasting ale as well.

Latest Posts

Back