Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Painting K Rend

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Been asked to softwash white K Rend on a nearly new house. Someone up the road a bit has painted their K Rend white and it looks good. I was wondering if painting the render is okay or does it have to breathe?

Been asked to softwash white K Rend on a nearly new house. Someone up the road a bit has painted their K Rend white and it looks good. I was wondering if painting the render is okay or does it have to breathe?
You can paint it have a look on there website, but it’s not really needed especially if it’s nearly new , we have found that bird poo especially seagulls poo takes the colour out of the render and it goes ti whatever colour the sand is that’s used in the mix down hear it’s yellow sand we did a blue house ( softwash) and it had loads of yellow streaks when we finished ware the poo had taken the dye out of the mix , long storey short tge builders ended up removing the render and re doing it .

You can paint it have a look on there website, but it’s not really needed especially if it’s nearly new , we have found that bird poo especially seagulls poo takes the colour out of the render and it goes ti whatever colour the sand is that’s used in the mix down hear it’s yellow sand we did a blue house ( softwash) and it had loads of yellow streaks when we finished ware the poo had taken the dye out of the mix , long storey short tge builders ended up removing the render and re doing it .
I will take a look but I didn't know if it was to do with the warranty. I'm going to tell the guy to paint it or maybe he will want me to paint it. The area is covered by new K Rend houses that are all turning black where water runs down. I could Softwash it but would more than likely get the whole area to do and I don't have the time. Thanks Paul.

Back