Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Parking whilst cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Paul007 having my roof light from a recovery friend :) the bumper and grill flashers are from ebay as for insurance I have spoken to them before hand and they say as long as I can prove a approved fitter has fitted them wouldn't effect my insurance as I am only helping my van get seen to reduce being hit while working from side or road :)

Roof beacons £80
Bumper & grill lights ebay £20
Fitted by my mechanic friend £50

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just make sure the LED s for the grill and bumper are waterproof .. mine is not and therefore placed inside the windshield and back , there not turned on unless the backs open anyway .. fitted mine to the streambox 

Thank you for that info buddy.
I'm up wadebridge way.
I am going to give highways a ring in the morning and see what they have to say

I think the cost was about £26 per application which is also a lot unless it’s a big commercial job I would be tempted to take a chance and speak to the traffic warden and explain the situation , the police don’t get involved with parking enforcement any more unless you are causing an obstruction to general traffic 

I got a sign made up for putting on my dashboard saying I'm a window cleaner, and my phone number, and the number of the house I'm working on front and back. Never had a ticket, and always been polite when I see them. They're a good bunch in Cambridge. So long as you're working they will leave you alone.

I got a sign made up for putting on my dashboard saying I'm a window cleaner, and my phone number, and the number of the house I'm working on front and back. Never had a ticket, and always been polite when I see them. They're a good bunch in Cambridge. So long as you're working they will leave you alone.

I do a property in Eden St in Cambridge, they're like bull terriers round there. Was talking to one about if it was ok me parking and working on the street, whilst talking to him the other one was eyeing my van.  

I've had no bother with them, barks worse than those bite I reckon. As always, common sense applies, I'm sure they would bung a ticket on if my parking was causing an issue, or if they saw I was taking the Mick. How often do you come to Cambridge mate?

I've had no bother with them, barks worse than those bite I reckon. As always, common sense applies, I'm sure they would bung a ticket on if my parking was causing an issue, or if they saw I was taking the Mick. How often do you come to Cambridge mate?

Down Saturday 11th, go home Thursday midday hopefully. Got a new job not a million miles from you I think, New Pinehurst CB3. Down every month from now till April, in the Holiday Inn Express Saturday night. Usually stay in Newmarket as hotels a lot cheaper there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down Saturday 11th, go home Thursday midday hopefully. Got a new job not a million miles from you I think, New Pinehurst CB3. Down every month from now till April, in the Holiday Inn Express Saturday night. Usually stay in Newmarket as hotels a lot cheaper there.
Sounds a good contract you have, I was reading what you were saying on it in another thread.

That's a different job, gone in fairly keen on this one. 3 blocks of flats with  20 flats in each block that are 2 & 3 beds. 5 floors as well, will give you a shout if I'm getting behind  :1f44d:
That could work mate, cheers. I know a lad who just came out the army and is stuck for work if you need another set of hands. I'd like to give him the work but I'm not set up for it just yet.

Back