Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pay close attention, I am speaking English!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Had injun a few years ago ask for a quote. Bear in mind I never work for them because I'm in the lowest cast group " untouchables " and don't like to be looked down apon. Anyway he asked for a price for his 3 bed semi. I started with a very high quote of £70 just to see his expression . His jaw dropped to the ground ! But he wasn't going to give up. He aventually got me down to £5. He asked me when I could to the job and I said I could do it right there and then. I took my pole to his front door, as I was only next door working and did the glass in his door. I then packed up my gear and went back to him and asked for my £5. He asked why I hadn't done the rest of the house and I said "that's what you get nowadays for your £5, it don't go far, does it" Wasn't surprised he didn't pay me but I did chuckle to myself.

I live and work in an area where there are hardly any customers that like to barter. My brother though has a tree surgery business based near Epping and covers East London. He seems to hate barterers with a passion, reckons he has no end of aggro when it comes to money with these groups, those that cross him financially usually have trouble with their door locks within a couple of months.

/emoticons/wink.png

DID YOU JUST CALL ME GREENED?? I am now going to write a strongly worded letter to my local MP..........Oh no, that's what white boys do..............I'm a Green boy, time to start riots and burn six major cities and watch it all get swept under a rug as we don't want to upset the 'ethnic' folk now!!
I gotta stop before I go too far! Time to break out the Scotch.

Hold on..........can I call it scotch? is the right term Whiskey? Will the Whiskey get upset that I called it a Scotch? Oh ****, it aint even Scotch, it's some Paddy ****.....I meant Irish.... no the Whiskey, not the Scotch!........

Ahhh f**k I'm gonna need another bottle to finish this thread!
oi leave me out off this one @Greener

I had one at the weekend I went to see so the arsehole tax worked well for me.

He bartered the price down to more than I wanted for the job so everyone was happy./emoticons/biggrin.png

And I forgot to mention that included a free window clean too after clearing the gutters, washing over the fascias etc and deep cleaning the conservatory roof and sides. /emoticons/smile.png

Don't forget to add the arshole tax with our barter friends if you want to win work :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you happen to be one of our barter friends then for sure arsehole tax will be applied /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back