Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Payments and monthly cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I just think 12 months in a year once a month is the easy option for me and my head it’s a good cycle 
Yeah a lot of people will agree with you. We don't have a problem with scheduling. A days work done in work week 6 will simply be moved along in page a day diary to ww12. It's the extra income that's far important to me.

Each to their own of course. ?

Well done. Just remember that the 'income' from window cleaning is BEFORE all your expenses, where as your take home pay is 100% yours! No sick or holiday pay or pension, plus buying your own kit, insurance etc!!!!That said 63 customers in 2 months while working is great, well done.

Now you have got a bit more confidence in 'selling' your services you could try and add a £1 to what you would have quoted, see how many quotes you get. It's surprising at the start what people will pay ?. I wrote myself a little app that I type in how many 'standard' windows and how many 'large' windows are on each side and it calculates the price. That way I know I am fairly consistent with prices. If I get 100% of my quotes then I slightly increase the price in the app and see how many quotes I then win. 

All my customers are 6 weekly bar 2 who are 4 weekly (at their request after I quoted 6 weekly price ? ) and it's quite amazing how clean some of the 6 weekly cleans are!!! Plus when you are 'selling' your service even though your 6 weekly price is a quid or 2 above 4 weekly you can remind customers you will never clean their windows twice in a calendar month, plus they will only pay you  about 8 times a year. In my opinion depending on the area wfp at 6 weekly is as good as trad at 4 weeks - my opinion on tests on my own house - non scientific tests done by a noob at both!

Good luck.

It’s not the number of cleans per year that’s important it’s price per clean that’s key 
Precisely, it's not the number of visits to each customer per year that's the key. That's what's confusing folk : Do the same customer once a week, 48 weeks for a fiver = £240 per annum do the same customer every six weeks for £20 =£160 for that one customer alone without allowing for the extra jobs fitted in on the other days freed up. Again let's say £15~£20 or whatever per visit. This example for illustration purposes only. Accountant consultation, that's what's needed.

Bed now. Me head hurts. Night all. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing 6 weekly jobs will take you longer to get established. You might be able to charge a little extra but you need 50% more customers. There I no right or wrong in this as it's up to you how you want to do it and also a lot of your customers will want them doing on a certain timescale.

We are currently having our 3 monthly tour of Southern England and some of the sites we work at barely need their windows cleaning after 3 months.

I’ve got a customer who only has 3 front windows on his cottage. Charge him a fiver coz I’m walking past it anyway ont the way to another job( no minimum charge with me. Each job priced as I feel it should be). Anyway he’s never in. Just hands me whatever he feels like when I bump into him. Neither of us keeps count. I saw him a couple of years ago and he gave me £200 cash. Over 3 years money!!  Saw him last tues. Another £35 coz that’s all he had on him. I’ve no idea who’s ahead with this arrangement but I still like it. 

I’ve got a customer who only has 3 front windows on his cottage. Charge him a fiver coz I’m walking past it anyway ont the way to another job( no minimum charge with me. Each job priced as I feel it should be). Anyway he’s never in. Just hands me whatever he feels like when I bump into him. Neither of us keeps count. I saw him a couple of years ago and he gave me £200 cash. Over 3 years money!!  Saw him last tues. Another £35 coz that’s all he had on him. I’ve no idea who’s ahead with this arrangement but I still like it. 
A fireman was moonlighting as a taxi driver on days off. He came in one day and said he had an argument with a pensioner he picked up at a bus stop. Think the guy got fed up waiting and hailed his taxi to take him a quarter of a mile up the road. The fireman charged him £1.60 because it was his minimum charge at the time 20 odd years ago. The old man was raging and told him he was heading that way anyhow and should have gave him a lift for nothing, slammed the door and right into the pub but at least it said Free House above the pub door. ?

Yes but who wants a 4 or 8 weekly job that’s underpriced , 4 or 8 weekly that’s well priced yes so it’s not the frequency that’s important it’s how much money that job earns you each visit that’s what Ime saying 
How long have we been saying that, mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but @dazmond needs it spelt out to understand it ??? 
As that professor on business was saying:- Nothing worse than doing a job that you know is underpaid. Before you leave for work one feels uneasy and dreading the day ahead. Then take a day that you know you will be well paid or working for someone who appreciates your work and pays well and you are looking forward to the day ahead. I have even priced in 2 rolls in bacon, cappuccino, bottle of fresh orange for under a fiver at Greggs before 11am. ? 

Yes but who wants a 4 or 8 weekly job that’s underpriced , 4 or 8 weekly that’s well priced yes so it’s not the frequency that’s important it’s how much money that job earns you each visit that’s what Ime saying 
I didn't mention underpriced work!you did!

I simply said 4 weekly is better than monthly for getting 12 cleans in a year if you take time off for Xmas/holidays,etc....

Back