Payments help please.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by davewindowcleaner, Jan 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I got myself 4 terraced houses on the same road with no access to the back of the house. I am cleaning the front only for £10 each.

Normally my customers leave cash or cheques in an envelope with my name on it in the back garden if not at home.

I don't want to have to go back at night to get my money so I want to know how internet payment work.

Would I be able to know who paid and who haven't paid if I was to get my new customers to pay online.

Advertisement
  2. abs

abs Guru

My customers use paypal from a link on my website and yes it's easy to see who has paid and how much, my paypal is linked to my tesco credit card so I use credit card instead of cash card most of the time .

3. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

Cheers abs

Do you find your customers pay you on the day you clean or do you get some that pay you when they feel like it... Like a few days late or a week?

4. abs

abs Guru

Some do pay same day but to be honest it's only a small amount the rest comes in over the next 4 weeks and we still get people paying double , but it works well and I don't have to collect at night at all nowadays

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Most people pay me next day at the latest on paypal
    If you don't have a link or website all you need is to give them the email address you linked to your paypal
    Then you get an email the moment they pay so can keep tabs on who is paying and who is not

6. DanielT

DanielT Active Member

I've really tried pushing online banking instead of paypal. While it was very easy to use, the percentage paypal charge was irritating me (although a slight price increase fixes that!)

But, in reality, people were quicker to pay using paypal than they are doing online banking

7. abs

abs Guru

I've found the same , payment straight into my account would be ideal but as you say people do prefere paypal

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have quite a few people whobpay by paypal as a gift payment
    Supposed to be for family etc and don't get charged but can't do it too much
    Average i think is about 30p ish for 9 quid
    So just call it a tenner

9. OutlaneWC

OutlaneWC Active Member

Have you guys looked into the new payment method called PayM... You just use your mobile number, it's quite new but won't be for much longer

10. cheapncheerful

I love online banking not bothered with paypal yet unless someone asks as I dont like the fees..

online is easy as it was on a bank account I dont use for anything else and the reference gives their address..

I am yet to get a custy to set up monthly direct debit which I am going to push for soon..

I am planning new notes shortly with all this on the back..as currently I am writing on the bank account number and am scared to death of them putting one digit out as once they send to a wrong account....you canna get it back....:D

Advertisement