Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ksp

Hi,

Does anyone know if the gardeners brushes will attach to a water genie viper? I have had a look and feel reasonably certain if I bought a gooseneck I could then use the brushes, however I'm not certain so I thought I'd ask. I have emailed but haven't as yet managed to get a reply.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Scrub that. They've emailed me. Lots of useful information, very helpful. First contact with gardeners and they've be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Please can you tell us what their reply was @ksp

I'm not exactly interested myself tbh as I would only buy Gardiner poles, but your reply might answer the same question someone else might raise in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a nutshell you can. It depends on the type and size of thread and there's also a way you may be able to use a gooseneck if that fails. I've committed to the purchase and I'll update how I got on once I've received it.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I agree.

The suppliers of this pole also supply Vikan brushes. Our experience with Vikan is that they weren't compatible with the euro thread. We had to use the Unger adaptor on our Unger Teleplus poles.

We never bothered with trying to convert those Vikan brushes to Gardiner poles when they first came out as they were too heavy - a lovely brush but just too heavy. We were into modifying Bentley brushes for modular carbon fishing poles back then before Alex started his own telescopic pole range. Bentley brushes were eurothreaded.

This is why I'm interested to know what Gardiner's reply was. I guessing that there was a little delay in Gardiners response to the op's original question as it was probably referred to Alex to answer it. So I'm inclined to feel that the answer was a little more detailed. :1f609:

I looked at their YouTube video clamp test and saw that they have an alloy end with a screw fitting. But I couldn't find a reference to what that fitting is. The suppliers website isn't very good tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back