Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Plastic clean from yesterday

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bought a few dozen degreaser on screwfix sale at £5.99. I tried it with hot water and the mildew came off easy. Did like the vir-sol until it dried on me and turned everything yellow/orange colour. Sunny tomorrow, means if it dries on me it will stay white.

If you are getting plastic to go yellow yellow with virosol you are using it to strong we mix it 10-1 maximum strength never goes yellow most products will remove green algy from plastic we only use hypo on black algy that has been there for a long time as it will etch the plastic surface and turn it grey usualy the hypo will remove this , hypo on plastics  is a last resort as far as Ime concerned 

Did a pvc gutter clean today. Put less degreaser in and I flew through it with the wfp and backpack. I realise I was using to much chemical and getting less effect. Its actually better with a little less degreaser because it needs the water to activate it.

Did a pvc gutter clean today. Put less degreaser in and I flew through it with the wfp and backpack. I realise I was using to much chemical and getting less effect. Its actually better with a little less degreaser because it needs the water to activate it.
How did you get the degreaser on the gutter?

Did you run it through the backpack? 

Aye, ran it through backpack with hot water in it and the grim just ran off. After scrubbing I changed to second backpack with tap water for rinsing off. Handy having 2 backpacks. 
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of getting a secondary backpack just for chemicals.

Do you use the same pole, hose and brush for the application and rinsing? A little wary of getting my new slx 27 shitted up with chemicals. 

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of getting a secondary backpack just for chemicals.

Do you use the same pole, hose and brush for the application and rinsing? A little wary of getting my new slx 27 shitted up with chemicals. 

Yes, used my slx but broke a few 100% fan jets. So I just bored a 6mm hole where they once were and glued the clear hose in the brush with broken fan jets back in place. Going great now and removed the weak spot on the fan jet. I would worry regarding the clogging up, probably gives the hose a clean.

Back