Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joe Preston

Hi guys just need a-bit advice about pricing up new bulids. Theyve just been built and due to be handed over. Some have got stickers on the outside frames and buliding dust. Need pricing for inside and price for in and out. All theres houses are town houses. Very dirty windows. IMG_1658.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpeg
    IMG_1655.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 10
From experience these are big jobs. If stickers on outside, your going to have to get up there and use a scraper, unless you can apply solvent or graffiti remover.

They will take you a while.
Probably going to have to do outsides twice to get them clean.

Also there will be lots of silicone that builders have left so ether scraper or solvent to help get it off.

Ether way just make sure you give your self several hours

Hi guys just need a-bit advice about pricing up new bulids. Theyve just been built and due to be handed over. Some have got stickers on the outside frames and buliding dust. Need pricing for inside and price for in and out. All theres houses are town houses. Very dirty windows. View attachment 28983
No idea about prices in your area but price high as they can be a pita and usually you will need to get up close to each window on a ladder unless they open into the room . If you dont need or really want the job I would walk away . But if you do do it get some solvent cleaner like glazing firms use , some old rags to clean up the frames and a decent scraper remember only scrape in one direction and make sure the glass is wet .

Apologies for sounding abrupt but I see loads of these posts. Try and work it out yourself, it is the only way you'll learn how to run a business. You'll make mistakes but you'll learn from them. Asking random strangers for advice on a job they can't see fully and also don't know your circumstances is a recipe for failure.
We all know it is daunting and have been through the anguish you're now facing but I bet those that have succeeded have done so by gut feeling and hard work.

My advice: stay away @Joe Preston

I agree with @Part Timer , the only way you are going to learn how to price is by doing it yourself and learning from your mistakes and achievements. 20 years on and we still don't get it right every time. Over price and you don't hear from them; under price and they snap your hands off to give you the job.

We only ever did one builder's clean. Never again.

Generally, when quoting you need to divide the job up into smaller sections. How long will it take to clean these windows in this section, then the next section? Then multiply the totals of all these sections by the hourly rate you need to do the job. Then add XXX% on top of the total to cover what you missed. Do I need to hire special equipment to access this window? Am I working on a busy road? What precautions will I need to put in place to protect the public? Will I need to produce a Rams document (recommended)? Can I do the job on my own, or do I need a helper/banksman? Am I insured to do this job? Have I got the equipment I need to do the job safely?

A lot easier work to be had not interested in them they will always take a lot longer then you think and always some sort of problem

I used to do them years ago. Always worked on 15 mins per Window minimum . And adjusted it upwards for difficult or big ones.
Made really good money at the time. Hard work though.

Latest Posts

Back