Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole holder pipies

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chrisb2

Hello all. I am looking for some advice on what people are using to store there poles in the van. For example pipe. What lengths and diameter are people using and what you are fixing them to in the roof?
Thanks

Gutter down pipe 84 mm as I found the bigger poles wouldn’t fit in the standard size ones then use Munson rings to attach them to the van roof as fir length that’s up to you mine are around 5 feet long

How do they jam up ? One pole per tube there is nothing for them to get stuck on , hardboard is no good as it will get wet and fall to bits in a very short time
if you have a wooden tray with a hard board base they dont jam up
if you put several poles in side by side in a round tube theyll jam as each tries to sit at the bottom. . . Hardboard with the shiny surface uppermost for the base. iv proved that the hardboard has not deteriorated and very very lightweight compared to piping. i once used to have a 3m plummers pipe tube on roof of my van but let that go for scrap probably cost me 100-500 a year in fuel alone ? . by the sounds of it you are using several tubes well thats all extra weight it all adds up you could use just one if it had a flat bottom.

Last edited:
Hardboard lighter than plastic pipes? What mm is your hardboard? 1mm?
I’ve got 3 plastic pipes tied to the inside of the roof with a pole in each. Doesn’t really get any simpler than that!

Hardboard lighter than plastic pipes? What mm is your hardboard? 1mm?
I’ve got 3 plastic pipes tied to the inside of the roof with a pole in each. Doesn’t really get any simpler than that!
iv no vested interest in hardboard-but its the real underdog material isnt it? i once bought a soil pipe to hang up in a van i had and was amazed how heavy it was ..... it would have been overkill to use that to carry poles so i took it back and got a refund . 3 soil pipes in a typical van id wager a kilo or more EACH ? i use thin pine batten wood for the sides and screw harboard under it . Its amazing the weight saving that can be had when you put your mind to it.

i was cottoned on to this weight saving lark by a neighbour-he had bought a [new to him] car and it only had a puncture repair kit -no spare wheel . Looking under his car where there would have been a cage to carry a spare wheel that had been removed . Price of fuel has not dropped and every little helps .

if you have a wooden tray with a hard board base they dont jam up
if you put several poles in side by side in a round tube theyll jam as each tries to sit at the bottom. . . Hardboard with the shiny surface uppermost for the base. iv proved that the hardboard has not deteriorated and very very lightweight compared to piping. i once used to have a 3m plummers pipe tube on roof of my van but let that go for scrap probably cost me 100-500 a year in fuel alone ? . by the sounds of it you are using several tubes well thats all extra weight it all adds up you could use just one if it had a flat bottom.
One pile per tube never have any problems

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpeg
    IMG_3078.jpeg
    844.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3075.jpeg
    IMG_3075.jpeg
    700.1 KB · Views: 0
I'll be honest I spent years fiddling round making different contraptions. In my dispatch there are limited mounting points so I paid a company who shall remain nameless to install a professional pipe holder system. The pipe they used was much thicker than I could buy from the likes of Screwfix or Toolstation, much better quality. Then when I went to ionic I had one of their pole rack systems and I would honestly not have anything else ever again. It has space for several poles and then similar to PJJ's set up above you can slide a step ladder in. Super compact and tidy, wouldn't do it any other way again.

the name
I'll be honest I spent years fiddling round making different contraptions. In my dispatch there are limited mounting points so I paid a company who shall remain nameless to install a professional pipe holder system. The pipe they used was much thicker than I could buy from the likes of Screwfix or Toolstation, much better quality. Then when I went to ionic I had one of their pole rack systems and I would honestly not have anything else ever again. It has space for several poles and then similar to PJJ's set up above you can slide a step ladder in. Super compact and tidy, wouldn't do it any other way again.
bells palsy

How do they jam up ? One pole per tube there is nothing for them to get stuck on , hardboard is no good as it will get wet and fall to bits in a very short time
I thought that🤦‍♂️ To be fair though when I did my last set up I fixed my power up reel to a peice of mdf as a quick fix so I could work until I found something more suitable but 4 years later it’s still going. I thought it would last a week or two😂

I use pole rack from wcw works well I had gutter pipe before and I actually much preferred the pipes over the rack
Ye I bought those racks and instantly regretted it. In my custom I’ve had to fit them pretty close together due to the sliding door and find that the heavier poles are unevenly balanced and wiukd fall out. It works ok fir my smaller poles though.

Latest Posts

Back