Pole tap ?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jaylee42, Jul 18, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jaylee42

Jaylee42 Member

Hi all
    Really need to put some kind of on off tap on my pole but not sure which type.I mostly use it with the hose on the outside so that i don't get **** in the pole and find it easier to disconnect in a hurry.Was thinking to just put a tap at the top near the brush ?

Advertisement
  2. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Lots of windies work with a tap at the top of the pole. It's by far the cheapest way other than pinching your hose.
    If you are working with a trolley/backpack I'd suggest the Univalve. Should work inside or outside of your pole and your control is at your fingertips all the time saving you water which is crucial when working with a limited supply.
    I use an SLX and though grit can get in the pole particularly when working in wet conditions, I've never had a major problem with the hose inside the pole.
    I did try using my pole with the hose on the outside but found that to be a much bigger problem than whether or not grit got in the pole. However, all my work is residential so that may be why I couldn't get on with it.
    If you set your pole up to be tubeless it makes it a doddle to disconnect and clean it.

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Why put a tap at the top near the brush???
    How do you turn it off when you move from window to window.
    Why not extend your pole.
    About 3 feet from the end of your pole cut it & put in a tap. It's in yer hand then to turn on & off.
    Or tape it to the end of your pole

4. Marko067

Hi Posh, I wasn't recommending it. It's just I know a lot of windies do work with a tap at the top of the pole. They turn off between properties but not between windows. However, when working with a trolley this can waste a lot of otherwise usable water.

In the past I've always had a trigger attached to my pole but recently made the switch to a Univalve. It was worth it just to get rid of all that extra hose at my feet.

5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I used those triggers years ago. Marko, did you always find they leaked after few months? I used to get home with one wet foot! :eek:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Marko067

Hi Steve, I used the Cleantech ones meant for the Cleantech George Vacuum cleaner. Just strapped them straight to the pole with tie wraps. They lasted years. Only leaked when the connections came loose. Just tightened them by hand was all. It was like they were designed for the purpose. Only problem was that 'loop' of hose when the pole was closed up for ground floor work. Took some managing. All gone now thanks to the Univalve. I love it. It will be interesting to see how Gardiner's new tap measures up. I love my swivel so if it doesn't work with that I'm gonna take some convincing

7. C Rose Cleaning Services

8. Posh

Posh Hero

That looks a good tool

9. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

No Aquatap recommendations then? At the top, twist action, quick, hard-wearing. Had one for years and no problems

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i use the gardiners tap top of pole works great for me
    I bought the uni valve , now i think this could be gd
    but unfortunatly snapped it while fitting it, silly **** boiling totally my own fault £43 gone

Advertisement