Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power Cuts this week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have generator, loads of torches, butane camp heater if things go off....
Next to my brother's house he was saying a crane was lifting a small container over the back of the big Care Home next to him a few weeks ago. I said its probably a generator incase power goes off. Read today that Gap Hire made its highest earnings ever this year and I know why, renting out generators. Not a bit of wind up here all week so our dream of wind turbines powering Scotland has fell flat on the ground. We don't have any coal fire power stations because Greens and SNP say we don't need them. Today I read England has fire up their coal fire power stations and gave the go ahead for a new coal mine, it all points to power cuts at end of week. ?

Yeah they're on about reopening a coal mine in Whitehaven I think, where they will produce some new kind of smokes coal pellets one of my customers was telling me, hes an old retired coal miner... Needs to be done this woke liberal green agenda is going to lead to a lot of unnecessary deaths this winter...

Better go stock up on some petrol today for the gen....
I bought four 25 litre cans for power washer so have a good stock but will fill up just incase. Bought a camp stove with 8 cans of fuel on Amazon today, handy to have if I need to live on cupasoup and bread ? even in Barlinnie Prison they will be living the dream if the power cuts happen.

I bought four 25 litre cans for power washer so have a good stock but will fill up just incase. Bought a camp stove with 8 cans of fuel on Amazon today, handy to have if I need to live on cupasoup and bread ? even in Barlinnie Prison they will be living the dream if the power cuts happen.
Just so you know, legally you are only allowed to store 30 litres of petrol at home without informing your local Petroleum Enforcement Authority!

Still illegal without appropriate signage etc
It’s still illegal to store more than 30 ltr in a lock up unless you have informed the fire service petroleum officer in writing and it’s got to be stored in appropriate containers , having said all this it’s very unusual for ones to register it , we quite often attend fires ware much larger quantities are stored without any paperwork , I cannot remember anyone being prosecuted for this , but in the event of a fire and if rapid fire spread is proven due to excess fuel storage it can easily be a custodian sentence , and if anyone dies then it’s manslaughter charge .

Back