Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up HD reel or reel master

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Power Up HD or Reel Master

• Power Up HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reel Master

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Kelvo82

Anyone got any preferences when it comes to these to reels me and a friend but heads over the best one .. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the power up hd no complaints whatsoever tbh I love it, I have a dodgy shoulder since using the power up the pain as virtually receded, sorry no experience with the reel master does look good though.

Thanks den I think the reelmaster looks really solid but its a taj more expensive I think ...my mate swears the HD is the best in the businesses

I understand it charges off the van battery when

Driven ? It does look like it could winch a boat a shore ? hahah plenty of grunt sir ... So yea wouldn't surprise me if I end up with battery issues at some point

I have a VSR so charges off the alternator but I also have a smart charger I plug in every night especially in this cold weather.

Most window cleaners have a split charge relay fitted to their van and when driving that charges up your leisure battery, I doe minimum mileage so my battery doesn’t get a full charge hence why I use a smart battery charger to top the battery up each night.

Some do use the van battery for their pump and even reel, but most have a separate leisure battery to operate pump and reel.

I have a 1000l static in my garage and that's all no van .. Nothing .. So I'm getting my head around everything before I purchase a setup next week hopefully so cheers for the info every little helps

Takes a little time to process everything at first but you have come to the right place lots of info on here and helpful people, always good to read different posts and what people prefer nice to have options, like you I have a static tank which I prefer others like to have their RO onboard their vans, horses for courses.

Hi sorry den was a busy few days getting a water feed into my garage for the ro all sorted just a few tweaks and I'm producing clean water ? .. ? I'm still waiting to hear from someone that has a reel master haha cheers den 

Hi sorry den was a busy few days getting a water feed into my garage for the ro all sorted just a few tweaks and I'm producing clean water ? .. ? I'm still waiting to hear from someone that has a reel master haha cheers den 
Hi Kelvo, I'm also looking to get a power reel very soon, power-up HD or Reel-Master...I think it's the Reel-Master for me. I rang both companies to chat with them, both helpful but Purefreedom had more time for me and also sent an email explaining why there reel is the best on the market. I know it over £100 more but the reel-master is better made and will outlive the Power-up. Just wish there were more videos about the Reel-Master on YouTube.

Pure-Freedom sent me an email explaining why there reels are so good:

OK a few points about the hose reels.

Our electric hose reel differs from others on the following points, we have a soft start so the hose does not fly in when starting to wind in. Our reel has a rotary water joint not a swivel joint (designed to swivel not turn). We have snag protection and the hose reel will stall if the hose gets caught or jammed. Our chain drive is enclosed and you can use either 6 or 8mm hose. We have a top roller to stop the hose running over the reel sides. You alter the winding in speed to suit how you want it to work.

This hose reel is built for the window cleaning industry and is not a hose reel with a motor bolted on the end.

As we build these ourselves you can a different colour if you wish or if you want two we stack them, basically as we are an engineering company we accommodate many things you may require and yes we have these in stock.  

Back