Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price this cladding! [photo]

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matt1458

Terrible photo sorry. Regular window cleaning customer, clad on 2 sides, this side is the worst. Have checked and it will come off just with pure with some aggressive scrubbing but have the option and setup to add a bit of hypo. interested to know what others would charge. South East England if that makes much difference

Attachments

• 3B445C04-8449-4224-8BFE-1F49733D2CDC.jpeg
    3B445C04-8449-4224-8BFE-1F49733D2CDC.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 34
Yep exactly that, that sort sort of wooden effect plastic malarkey

I wasn't sure if it was a composite material like mdf underneath and then the face of it a certain plastic or not, I've a got a job who had those horrible tiles on the front of the house from the 70's and has had it replaced with that woodgrain effect stuff, I'll have to ask them exactly what it is as they want me to clean it later this year although at the moment it's only been up about 6 months and is still clean.

I wasn't sure if it was a composite material like mdf underneath and then the face of it a certain plastic or not, I've a got a job who had those horrible tiles on the front of the house from the 70's and has had it replaced with that woodgrain effect stuff, I'll have to ask them exactly what it is as they want me to clean it later this year although at the moment it's only been up about 6 months and is still clean.
The ones we have done are a cement based board

looks like eternit cement board to me. its not smooth like plastic cladding. It usually comes up ok with a bit of detergent and water, no need to waste pure on it. I'd charge £300, if they want it hypo'd so it stays clean longer. £4-500

I think there’s no need to use additional hypo or clean on it. A regular detergent and some additional scrubbing would do the job.

I think there’s no need to use additional hypo or clean on it. A regular detergent and some additional scrubbing would do the job.
Yes it would but all the spores on the edges and overlaps ware you cannot scrub will remain and grow back very quickly , using hypo or bio will kill them off and when sprayed up towards the overlap will go under the edges and kill what you cannot reach .

It keeps us in a job for next time.
Maybe ,but the customer won’t be happy when it’s all green again on the edges within a few weeks if it’s damp weather , we have a job to do that another window cleaner did only 6 months ago it’s cement board cladding and it’s green as grass again , I don’t know what he used but at the time it looked ok , we saw him doing it as it’s only a few hundred yards away from my house , but it looks awful, I have priced to softwashing it using hypo and told them if it goes green again within 2 years I will re clean it free of charge , I know it will be fine , customer isn’t happy as they paid the guy £250 to clean it and now have to pay us to do it properly.

Maybe ,but the customer won’t be happy when it’s all green again on the edges within a few weeks if it’s damp weather , we have a job to do that another window cleaner did only 6 months ago it’s cement board cladding and it’s green as grass again , I don’t know what he used but at the time it looked ok , we saw him doing it as it’s only a few hundred yards away from my house , but it looks awful, I have priced to softwashing it using hypo and told them if it goes green again within 2 years I will re clean it free of charge , I know it will be fine , customer isn’t happy as they paid the guy £250 to clean it and now have to pay us to do it properly.
Paying for your experience and kit. I'm getting referrals from existing customers and one is in a new estate. I work 7 days a week at this time of year so going out tomorrow to price and clean if I get it. Could be the start of more work in the estate. Once you get a good name (reputation) then you have got to maintain it. We have a big company with too much work and the boss doesn't listen to complaints and tells them to get someone else. I seem to be collecting them and I'm more expensive but I'm reliable.

What if it is very windy and the hypo starts going all over? Sorry but i heard a lot of horror stories over the years.
If you have done a RAMS then you would not do the job on a windy day that would be part of your risk assessment, also you can apply the mix by other methods not just a spray , we regularly have to postpone jobs like this if it’s windy we explained to the customer before hand that we will do the job on xx day provided the weather conditions are ok , but we may need to alter the date if it’s not , customers are fine with that and it shows them that you take H & S seriously .

If you have done a RAMS then you would not do the job on a windy day that would be part of your risk assessment, also you can apply the mix by other methods not just a spray , we regularly have to postpone jobs like this if it’s windy we explained to the customer before hand that we will do the job on xx day provided the weather conditions are ok , but we may need to alter the date if it’s not , customers are fine with that and it shows them that you take H & S seriously .
Yes but there is a lot of cowboys doing it without a RAMS, a small crowd of window cleaners treat a powerful mix like ordinary water.

Not using Sodium Hypochlorite with the right knowledge and health and safety is becomong a big problem amongst window cleaners.

Back