Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Would You Charge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nope as they pay for a quality job. Simples...

Put it this way I think many sell themselves rather short.

Also if you must know Tuffers when I gave them the price they said it was very reasonable. Go figure….

Are they all mugs round your way?

Lol, I quoted a upvc gutter and fascia clean for £50 on Monday. The fella said yes, but it's a bit expensive. Then I hear his Mrs in the he garden saying HOW MUCH, FIFTY BLOODY QUID! Not heard owt since. Must be minted round your way Mr Smurph.

Maybe you should have offered to rent out your ladder to them for 40 squid so she could risk her own neck trying to clear & clean her own guttering. :Image13:

smurf £290 lol thats crazy!! if you can get that work dont blame you

no no way can you charge that up my way they would just laugh at you the house was,int that big really

There is work like that about in all parts of the country I would have thought as not everyone is poor. :Image16:

smurf had sickener the day been looking into W FP wanted to go DI looked into the gear, phoned the company for some info

the guy was spot on turns out the water reading is to high in this area going to get proper reading

he was saying R O system would be best.

since them my mate W F P user also agreed , so start again

Would you all do this whole job with WFP (except for cleaning out the gutters)
yep wfp the lot ide do it in about 3 to 4 hours im fast tho an i neck a hot cuppa in no time lol an im 30 so got age on my side an like demo said get ladder off to check sills

£290 and the time quoted works out to be between £50 - £35 an hour. So it's no different to window cleaning.

You have the advantage of no fuel and in one place.

But smurf has also mentioned a deep clean, I don't go that far at all. I'd be half the time as smurf and half the cost. It's all relevant.

But you ain't gonna get £300 deep cleans in poor areas.

Indeed damo...well said.

May I also add its bloody hard work for an old codger like me and even some youngster would struggle too.

That £290 price includes on this one:

View attachment 3448

Clear guttering & 2 blocked downspouts with difficult access.

Exterior clean p shaped conny roof

Exterior clean plastics on the house including all guttering, fascia, soffit, front & back apex, window frames & sills, doors and glass.

So you can now see why they thought the price was very reasonable which it was for that lot. :Image13:

Was it on here that someone said, "if you win every job you quote your to cheap" worth thinking about and that's not all area dependent either.

Smurf is right sell yourself as well its your service that your offering. But also remember someone will always do it cheaper whether your baking bread or building bridges.

Job Cost (fuel, materials)

Time (Hours to do the job)

Risk ( how do you quantify risk?)

Resistance is what you are on about.

I like some resistance when quoting. Otherwise you are too cheap.

yes you may be able to use a vac, but I wish somebody would break this myth about gutter vacs being the answer to all difficult jobs,

Personally i will be using a gutter tool on an extension up the ladder. I dont have a gutter vac. So will have to work from both sides of the conny with the extension pole.

Personally i will be using a gutter tool on an extension up the ladder. I dont have a gutter vac. So will have to work from both sides of the conny with the extension pole.
Not very often I use my Vac 9 times out of ten you end up on the ladders anyway

thats wat i do use a trad pole to clean muck out over conny

Back