Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Would You Charge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posted Today, 12:52 AM

Shinytime, on 07 Aug 2013 - 6:43 PM, said:

£40 for Gutters and £40 for UPVC £16 for windows

This was my thoughts. Up north like....lol

2.5 hours max
So you would quote a total of £96 for the op house. Good grief thats very resionable when can you do mine. :Image16:

With respect nwcs if you can do that lot in under 2.5 hours you are a better man than me...

Posted Today, 12:52 AM

Shinytime, on 07 Aug 2013 - 6:43 PM, said:

So you would quote a total of £96 for the op house. Good grief thats very resionable when can you do mine. :Image16:

With respect nwcs if you can do that lot in under 2.5 hours you are a better man than me...[/quote

It wouldnt be a full deep clean smif lol.

]

I'd have said £240 and that will include a free window clean and the conservatory roof cleaned.

That house is the size of 2 small houses, plus extension and conservatory..

Location has got nothing to do with pricing..

Well it took longer than i thought to do this job, gutters were literally full to the brim with pigeon **** and feathers! They stay on her roof all day just making a mess. To empty the front and back gutters took 2 hours alone! Couldnt find a tool to fit as her tiles hang down over into the gutters quite a long way. So meant shuffling the ladder aling while scooping it out by hand. Plus her downpipe was blocked so unblocked it while i was up there. All in all it took about 6-7 hours to do a proper job, she was happy with the result and i managed 190 quid out of it.

Regarding gutters over a conservatory when I can't get me ladder set safely on the wall/roof of the house to use me progutter tools and pole I just guttervac the **** out either like this pic from the side or from the front of the conservatory instead.

View attachment 3479

There is always more than one way to skin a cat as the say

View attachment 3481

I can stand partly up the ladder if need be and use the top of the ladder as a fulcrum to take the weight of the pole for reaching out longer distances without straining myself trying to hold and control the guttervac pole on acute angles. Simples

Hope this help anyone?

Indeed Damo resting the guttervac pole on a wooden structure does the sort of same job. :Image9:

Still not a bad earner. £27 an hour for doing a messy job. Im sure reaching over rear porch & conservatory were a nightmare.Cheers,Steve
Certainly was a nightmare, felt it in the shoulders afterwards! Didnt help that she was the type of customer that stands behind you watching what you are doing! Suppose we all get them now and again.

Back