Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing up real cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

aesrenfrewshire

Hello all, first post here so be gentle ?

Going to quote for a large patio and stair clean, which i can do ok, but the client wants me to pressure wash quite a lot of walls as well. Should I quote these the same as a patio or say 75%. Any guidance would be appreciated.  Based in West of a Scotland

TIA..  Paul

Do you think the walls will be quicker or easier to do? If no quicker or easier then they will take as much time, petrol etc as the rest so price as the rest.

That said it also depends on how much you need/want the job and how much you think the customer is willing to pay to a degree.

for me, I always price the same. If it's a big job I quote for patio and walls separate then I say if you have both done at the same time I give x amount of discount so it's all done in one go. Normally they always agree & I have the extra work, unless the walls are black then I might not be so keen to offer a discount, but on the whole I do. 

Hello all, first post here so be gentle ?

Going to quote for a large patio and stair clean, which i can do ok, but the client wants me to pressure wash quite a lot of walls as well. Should I quote these the same as a patio or say 75%. Any guidance would be appreciated.  Based in West of a Scotland

TIA..  Paul
How are the walls constructed? Are they stone block or brick ? Are they cement and sand based render? Painted, lime washed, Krend or decorative pointing 

The surface is key to pricing and can make or break pricing in my opinion.

Some walls can take along time to clean and damage mitigation is key in some aspects 

How are the walls constructed? Are they stone block or brick ? Are they cement and sand based render? Painted, lime washed, Krend or decorative pointing 

The surface is key to pricing and can make or break pricing in my opinion.

Some walls can take along time to clean and damage mitigation is key in some aspects 
And what are they stained with?

Customers may ask for pressure washing because that's all they've heard of but for example blasting bricks and mortar at high pressure can result in damage and / or efflorescence. Then there'll be calling you back saying why are my walls covered in this white staining? The surface will determine what products to use and how best to do it, or should do anyway as far as I'm concerned.

Back