Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem with my own made WFP system...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SummumArtiste

Hello! my first post here!

This is the first time I've tried my system and I don't understand why my water isn't pure.

Source(230ppm) -> Carbon filter(180ppm) -> 2 RO 4040(waste=500ppm/600ppm!?!?) -> Resin DI -> 12ppm to 30ppm ...

1. Why I have 180ppm with my carbon filter but 500ppm on the waste output with the RO?...
2. Why i have 12ppm to 30ppm after 50min of testing..

I do not speak English, tell me if I'm explaining myself badly...

Thanks

@SummumArtiste the waste water will ways be high as it contains all the minerals and deposits etc that have been filtered out of the water to get the tds down for your pure water. So if your pure to waste ratio is 40 /60 for example, and your incoming TDS is 250, for every 100 litres that goes through the system, 40 litres have a low tds, but the 60 litres of waste water will contain the majority of the tds from the whole 100 litres (I hope I'm explaining that ok).

The second point I assume might be to do with flushing the system out maybe, but other lads on here will be more in the know than me.

If it's new then both membranes need to be flushed well. Membranes can take many hours to settle in.
When producing pure, you need a good flow of tap water as well as a good pressure.
A single 4040 membrane needs around 5 to 6 lpm of water flow. Double that for 2 membranes. Once you have both membranes working 12 lpm will be approx the maximum flow you will get through the pipe at 60psi.

This means that water pressure within the r/o will drop. Depending on which membrane you have, pressure needed for the membrane to work is between 50 psi and 100psi for low pressure membranes. I've also believed that we need a booster pump to run 2 membranes.

I'm a bit confused about the water valve at the bottom of the housing we can see.

Is the blue housing a resin filter? If so then you only have one prefilter. If it's just a sediment filter then you need to replace it with a Fiberdyne filter asap which is a carbon block as well.

I'm surprised the tds of your waste water is that high. Our tap water is 140 ppm and our waste is around 180 ppm.

Over the duration of a minute my 4040 produces fractionally less than 2 lpm of pure for fractional over 2 lpm of waste at 50 psi of water pressure using an Axeon hf5 membrane without a booster pump. Our flow from our back outside tap was 13 lpm when I last checked it.

What I might do is only run one membrane and see if your situation improves. If this is a Brodex machine, I would ask them what membranes they have fitted.

Possibly an Italian or French window cleaner by looking at the home decor. This forum welcomes everyone regardless of their home country.

Wheel barrow and what's on it all in English, where did I say he wasn't welcome?. What I said is true if it's in the uk he's working. Going by the writing on his equipment, it would seem it's in the uk.

Telling someone it could be a stumbling block that they can't speak English, which even stevie wonder could see isn't wrong now is it.

Wheel barrow and what's on it all in English, where did I say he wasn't welcome?. What I said is true if it's in the uk he's working. Going by the writing on his equipment, it would seem it's in the uk.

Telling someone it could be a stumbling block that they can't speak English, which even stevie wonder could see isn't wrong now is it.
It's a sack truck not a wheel barrow

Latest Posts

Back