Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Proffesional canvassing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maybe not then! Just thinking that in a trade where everyone uses roughly the same tools, providesthe same quality of service, at a similar price.........

Like the bird in the film said, price, quality and experience shouldn't be your usp.

I'm lucky that nobody near me has clicked onto the panel cleaning too.

I canvassed a grand total of 6 new houses today and got zilch /emoticons/biggrin.png. I asked the first house how much they were paying and they are paying £6 for a small 3 bed townhouse. By the looks of the windows of all 6, they had all been cleaned recently by the looks of it. You have to get in there quick if you want new builds on your books.

at 6 squid they can stay dirty for all I care:D
They were the 'local authority' houses by the looks of it. Tucked up out of the way in a corner :confused:. The big ones aren't fully built yet. Thems the ones to get /emoticons/smile.png

A while ago I probably mentioned already I was sent loads of drawing from a company that had the maintenance contract for several newish blocks of flats asking me to give them a quote. The tallest being 5 floors high so as I’m just a phantom window cleaner I told them I'm far too busy running around in me van all day long so was not interested. /emoticons/biggrin.png

im thinkin a good way to get a professional canvassing effort would be to pay them up front , with a promise of "plenty more where that came from ,IF you do a good job"

possibly pay them from a breifcase thats stashed full of bank notes, only you know that only the last few are real, the rest u spent all weekend on a photocopier

I tried offering a bird who worked in the show home on one development a sweetener of a bottle of wine for every house she got me through recommending me as the local windy. She weren't having any of it though the bint /emoticons/sad.png

I've got one customer on a new development who has a Facebook page for the estate and she told me that I was on it as the recommended window cleaner, bless her. Oh she likes to talk and guess what her name is.... Mrs Chattaway :laugh:

reminds me of a childish prank i did not so long ago, photocopied a ten pound note then folded it in half. on the inside of the fold i drew a smiling face and smeared it with peanut butter. then dropped it outside my home. folk picked it, thought oooo, how lucky i am then opened it thought yuck somebod has sh/t on it . it was funny to watch,

from a distance

reminds me of a childish prank i did not so long ago, photocopied a ten pound note then folded it in half. on the inside of the fold i drew a smiling face and smeared it with peanut butter. then dropped it outside my home. folk picked it, thought oooo, how lucky i am then opened it thought yuck somebod has sh/t on it . it was funny to watch,
from a distance
Literally laughed out loud :rofl:

from a distance
My lads mate cycled probably 10 miles from his house to ours yesterday. As it was getting dark I knew damn well they would be asking me to take him and his bike home in the car. Sure as hell the 2 of them came in and asked for a lift. I turned to my lad and said "Tom, where's that length of rope." What do you want rope for dad? "So I can tie it to the car and tow Cam home on his bike." Their faces :rofl:

I went in an estate agents to pay my nieces rent with my gear on and ended up being their windy for all the landlords they deal with and anyone who is selling

They have a laminated sheet on the wall with

Gas

Plumber

Electrician

Window cleaner

Etc

Not regular work but have had repeat business from new tennants once they have moved in and i introduce myself as the window cleaner"i did the previous tennants do you want yours doing regular"

Thinking of trying the other estate agents round here

The good thing is most are 1 off jobs which get charged at top dollar to estate agents who then pay me and charge landlord

I think you're paying for something you can do better yourself. People like to know you're local,where you live, kids school, etc, make some sort of tenuous link through chit chat. Not sure how someone from off can do this?
Local town for local people........
I agree

I live in a community of 9,000 permanent residents who will employ me for me. But during the summer, we have about 35,000 on the island and if a professional can get me those holiday homes by contacting those owners specifically, I would use that service for sure!

Latest Posts

Back